Job Title: Fresher Telecoms Operator – UNHCR Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: UNHCR Uganda
Job Location: Arua
UNHCR Uganda Profile:
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is a UN agency mandated to aid and protect refugees, forcibly displaced communities, and stateless people, and to assist in their voluntary repatriation, local integration or resettlement to a third country.
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
Direct supervision and support are received from the head of the relevant functional unit. The Telecoms Operator will also refer to technical manuals and UNHCR instructions concerning telecom operations.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR¿s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
Roles and Responsibilities:
– Distribute incoming cables, messages, and other communication in accordance with established instructions.
– Ensure that all communications handed to him/her for transmission are properly prepared and authorized and promptly transmitted.
– Select the most efficient and economic means for the transmission of messages, taking into consideration the nature and priority of communications to be transmitted.
– Maintain a station log where all occurrences related to the operation of the telecommunication equipment are entered.
– Ensure that no unauthorised communications are exchanged on the network.
– Maintain all the equipment placed under his/her responsibility in good working condition.
– Assist new staff members in the proper operation of telecommunication equipment.
– May perform secretarial functions, such as handling paperwork on routine matters, arranges appointment/meetings both internally and externally, screen telephone calls, type a wide variety of materials from drafts, printed text, use word processor.
– May assist in making travel arrangements.
– Perform other related duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications for UNHCR Uganda Jobs 2021
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
G4 – 1 year relevant experience with High School Diploma; or Bachelor or equivalent or higher
Field(s) of Education
Certificates and/or Licenses
* Regulate requmts radio license
(Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Relevant Job Experience
Sound knowledge and practice of secretarial functions.
AD-UNHCR Administrative/Secretarial procedures
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
This is a Standard Job Description for all UNHCR jobs with this job title and grade level. The Operational Context may contain additional essential and/or desirable qualifications relating to the specific operation and/or position. Any such requirements are incorporated by reference in this Job Description and will be considered for the screening, shortlisting and selection of candidates.
Competencies as defined in Job Profile
Teamwork & Collaboration
Commitment to Continuous Learning
Client & Result Orientation
Planning and Organizing
Please also note that English is essential for this Job Opening.
How To Apply for UNHCR Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
No late applications will be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates may be required to sit for a written test and/or oral interview. Please note that UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, travelling, processing, training or any other fees).
Deadline: 3rd June 2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise .