Job Title: Assistant ICT Officer – UNHCR Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: UNHCR Uganda
Job Location: Uganda
Monthly net salary: UGX 9,532,330 and UGX12,444,830
UNHCR Uganda Profile:
The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees was established on December 14, 1950 by the United Nations General Assembly. UNHCR’s mandate under the Statute of the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees is to lead and co-ordinate action for international protection to refugees; seek permanent solutions for the problems of refugees and safeguard refugee rights and well-being. UNHCR has an additional mandate concerning issues of statelessness, as it is given a designated role under Article 11 of the 1961 Convention on the Reduction of Statelessness.
Under the technical supervision of ICT Officer or Administrative Officer, the Assistant ICT Officer implements the ICT operational plan in a well-defined geographical area. The incumbent provides technical supervision and guidance to locally recruited staff and ensure that ICT equipment is fully operational at all times. S/he receives technical support and guidance from their supervisor. Internally, the incumbent liaises directly with own Service Delivery Team on a daily basis as well as with end users to clarify, analyse and resolve reported issues. S/he may also liaise with external service providers, as required, to resolve escalated infrastructure issues.
Roles and Responsibilities for UNHCR Uganda Jobs 2021 :
- Participate in the assessment of operational and security infrastructure needs in each UNHCR office in the area of responsibility (AOR).
- Support the implementation of the ICT operations plan and thereafter ensures that all equipment is in good working conditions at all times as to meet the ICT needs of the offices.
- Discuss infrastructure needs with the Head of offices in the AOR and provide input for the budget submission.
- Monitor and coordinate the work of other ICT staff as directed by the Head of Offices in accordance with the standards set by Headquarters.
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory of all infrastructure equipment under AOR.
- Provide coaching and training to ICT staff and users. Draft procedures and instructions to promote a better understanding of the use of the ICT equipment.
- Participate in the assessment of security related projects in coordination with the Field Security Officer and assist in the formulation of recommendations on security communications.
- Promote relation with UNHCR implementing partners to enhance communication and avoid duplication of efforts.
- Liaise with the National Regulatory Authority to ensure that licenses and permissions required to operate UNHCR telecommunications networks are granted
- Actively participate in ICT related meetings to ensure that all decisions taken meet UNHCR¿s operational and security requirements.
- Liaise directly with end users to clarify, analyse and resolve reported issues, delivering high standards of customer service.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications for UNHCR Uganda Jobs 2021
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) job must hold a degree in ICT or other relevant field.
- Hands on experience working in current versions of Microsoft Windows Server, Active Directory, SQL Server. SharePoint, Hyper-V and network monitoring software.
- Knowledge of VoIP technology and network systems.
- Hands-on experience with wireless and VoIP systems and knowledge of network monitoring software.
- Hands-on experience with current Microsoft technologies (Windows 7, Office 2010/2013, IIS, Lync, etc.).
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist.
- Practical experience working in the deep field.
- Experience working with an external managed service provider for ICT infrastructure maintenance and support.
How To Apply for UNHCR Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 13 th December 2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise .