Job Title: – UNDP Uganda Jobs 2021 Office Assistant Fresher A’level
Organization: United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Duty Station: Gulu
United Nations Development Programme Profile:
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the United Nation’s global development network. UNDP advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life. The UNDP provides expert advice, training, grant support to developing countries including Uganda with an increasing emphasis on assistance to the least developed countries.
Performs clerical duties, including, but not limited to, mailing and filing correspondence, preparing payrolls, placing orders, and answering calls
Roles and responsibilities:
- Implements detailed distribution of routed mail and clearing staff outgoing trays to respective action officers.
- Delivers urgent mail/messages
- Operates a variety of office equipment in the performance of basic office functions, e.g. photocopier, printer, scanner, etc.
- Photocopy a variety of documents and other materials
- Ensures cleanliness of the office premises at all times
- Ensures that the kitchenette and office crockery/cutlery is clean at all times
- Requests the Office Assistant/Administrative Officer to replenish office and pantry supplies where and when necessary.
- Ensures the timely refilling of the water dispensers, including informing the Office Assistant/Administrative Officer of the necessity to replenish
- Ensures well-organized boardrooms at all times in particular when meetings are due to take place, and arrange for refreshments/tea when required
- Maintains well-organized store for stationery and office supplies
- Maintains proper stores records, prepare periodic stores reports and initiate the procurement process for the replenishment of stationery and office supplies
- Provides temporary cover in the absence of the receptionist
- Ensures all Office doors are closed every evening
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Office Assistant/Administrative Officer.
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Office Assistant should have completed Secondary education
- At least one year of experience in clerical and general office support or related area is desirable.
- Professionalism – Knowledge of basic clerical functions. Ability to operate standard office equipment. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
- Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with a final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
How To Apply for UNDP Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 25th March 2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.