Job Title: IT Assistant – UN WFP Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: UN World Food Programme (WFP)
Duty Station: Adjumani, Uganda
UN World Food Programme (WFP) Profile:
United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. In emergencies, WFP gets food to where it is needed, saving the lives of victims of war, civil conflict and natural disasters. After an emergency, WFP uses food to help communities rebuild their lives. On average, WFP reaches more than 80 million people with food assistance in 80 countries each year. The organization has the global footprint, deep field presence and local knowledge and relationships necessary to provide access to food and contribute to lasting solutions, especially in many of the world’s most remote and fragile areas.
To deliver standard software and hardware support services, as well as monitoring and maintaining a wide range of information sources, to contribute to the effective delivery of IT services. We are seeking a qualified individual for the position of IT Assistant to be based in Adjuamni under Gulu Field Office. Selected candidates will be employed on Service Contract.
Roles and responsibilities of UN WFP Uganda Jobs 2021:
- Maintain inventories of materials, such as, computer and related equipment, telecommunicationsequipment, biometrics verification equipment, etc;
- Maintain logs or archives of information, such as application logs, trouble tickets, directories,registries, data warehouses, reports, etc;
- Assist in the deployment/dissemination of ICT equipment and software, such as, computerhardware and/or software, applications, programs, directories, telephony, database content,training material, etc;
- Undertake basic monitoring and pro-active troubleshooting of server systems, power systems andtelecommunications links to ensure a consistent delivery of IT services to staff and partnerorganizations like UNHCR.
- Assist in the maintenance of systems and equipment by carrying out routine tasks, such asbacking up data, physical cleaning of servers and peripheral equipment, running systemsdiagnostics, patch management and system optimization, removing viruses and bad data, etc;
- Administer user access to systems and databases, monitor system and application usage;
- Assist in the installation of LAN, WAN and Power infrastructure at WFP warehouses and fooddistribution points;
- Assist in resolution of IT equipment, telecommunications and power problems by responding toincident reports and user queries through the identification and troubleshooting of issues andwhere necessary forwarding unresolved issues to the appropriate person.
- Provide statistical reports from IT systems at the end of each food distribution;
- Assist in the preparation of standard operating procedures, work instructions and user manualsrelated to the management of food distributions;
- Assist in training and support of users of technology and systems, such as beneficiary biometricverification, audio/videoconferences, meetings, databases, registries, LAN and WAN networks,etc;
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications for UN WFP Uganda Jobs 2021
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- A university degree in the related functional area.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English.
- Academic or professional experience in computer science.
- Previous experience in electronic data collection will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge and experience of the area context, knowledge of local language is an added advantage.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
How To Apply for UN WFP Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: Thursday 2nd December 2021