Job Title: – UN Volunteers Uganda Jobs 2021 Fresher Refugee Education and Peace Building Officer
Organization: United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
Job Location: Kampala
United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) Profile:
The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme contributes to peace and development through volunteerism worldwide. We work with partners to integrate qualified, highly motivated and well supported UN Volunteers into development programming and promote the value and global recognition of volunteerism. UNV is administered by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and reports to the UNDP/UNFPA/UNOPS Executive Board.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of Chief of Education, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Support to education in emergencies and peacebuilding programme development and planning
- Programme management, monitoring and delivery of results
- Technical and operational support to programme implementation
- Networking and partnership building, including collaboration with JICA projects
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
- The applicant for the UN Volunteers Refugee Education and Peace Building Officer job must hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Education, social science, development, international relations, political science, and/or related field required
- Two years of experience working in emergencies or supporting peacebuilding programmes
- Area of expertise
- Education policy and planning, curriculum development and teacher training, Crisis and conflict prevention, mitigation, resolution and reconciliation
- Area of expertise details
- Education – mandatory?
- Peacebuilding – not mandatory
- Experience in education in refugee settings
- Driving license
- Competencies values: Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Empowering Others, Ethics and Values, Judgement and Decision-making, Professionalism, Working in Teams
- Language skills: English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
How To Apply for UN Volunteers Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 20th June 2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise .