Temporary Consumer Affairs Officer
Jobs at:National Information Technology Authority-Uganda (NITA-U)
Deadline of this Job:
03 August 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, July 26, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Title: Temporary Consumer Affairs Officer
Directorate: Directorate of Regulation and Legal Services
Department: Regulation and Compliance
Reporting to: Manager Regulation and Compliance
Salary Grade: N7
Jobs that report to this role: N/A
Responsible for supporting the implementation of policies and processes for consumer protection; monitoring compliance with consumer protection laws; facilitating the resolution of issues between providers and consumers; interfacing with customers on their concerns and coordinating the timely resolution thereof and facilitating consumer awareness activities.
• Support review and implementation of framework to empower and protect consumers;
• Development and implementation of a standard consumer complaints reporting and resolution mechanism/system;
• Coordinate with all relevant stakeholders, such as, NITA-U Helpdesk, communications department and Government Citizen Interaction Centre to coordinate the timely resolution of raised IT consumers and suppliers concerns.
• Liaison and collaboration with Centre for Arbitration and Dispute Resolution to facilitate mediation and arbitration of disputes between providers and consumers of IT products, services and solutions.
• Plan and execute outreach programmes to enhance consumer awareness to the public on the existing consumer protection laws;
• Initiate and establish collaboration with consumer associations in the implementation of consumer related activities;
• Produce consumer service performance reports based on standardized reporting formats namely quarterly, bi-annually and annually;
• Monitor IT providers’ compliance with consumer protection laws and NITA-U’s adherence with the Environmental and Social Impact laws, policies and regulations for planned and ongoing infrastructure projects;
• Conduct research on the legal and regulatory regime, and identify emerging industry trends and suggest changes to policies and procedures to improve regulation and compliance in the Sector;
• Perform any other duties, which may be assigned from time to time.
Education (Level of Education and Qualifications)
• Bachelor of Laws (Hon) degree;
• Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice from Law Development Centre (LDC);
• Valid High Court Practising Certificate.
Experience (Specific type of experience required)
• At least one (1) years’ experience in handling consumer centric activities in busy firm or large organisation.
Technical Expertise (Job specific competencies, experience and skills)
(i) Knowledgeable about the IT sector in Uganda; and
(ii) Excellent computer skills and knowledge.
Nature and Scope
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to establish rapport with consumers;
• Confident; and
• Very good interpersonal skills, highly professional and performance oriented.
Level of responsibility: No direct supervision of others.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Interested applicants who meet the job requirements/specifications and with the right personal attributes are invited to complete and submit their application form (which can be down loaded from the NITA-U official website www.nita.go.ug ), with a cover letter, supported by curriculum vitae, copies of certificates and testimonials, and must specify day time telephone contact, postal and email addresses of both the applicant and three referees, to the address below.
The Executive Director,
National Information Technology
Authority – UGANDA (NITA-U),
Palm Courts, Plot 7A, Rotary Avenue (former lugogo bypass)
P.O. Box 33151, Kampala-Uganda
Tel: 0417 801 038
Or via email: [email protected] (application must not exceed 10MBs)
Applicants must also submit with their application verifiable evidence supporting previous relevant appointments such as appointment letters and employment contracts. The deadline for applications is 3rd August 2021 (Not later than 1700 hrs Local Time). No application will be accepted without a duly completed and signed standard application form (referred to above).
Only successful candidates will be contacted. Any form of solicitation, influence peddling and or any other “backdoor” attempt, of whatsoever nature, to influence the selection process in one’s favour, will automatically lead to disqualification of a candidate without any recourse.