Technical Manager- GBV Prevention Network
Jobs at:Raising Voices
Deadline of this Job:
10 September 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, August 23, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Title: Technical Manager- GBV Prevention Network
Department: Violence Against Women (VAW) Prevention
Supervised by: VAW Prevention Coordinator
Place of work: Raising Voices Kampala Office, with travels in the region
Role Overview: The Technical Manager for GBV Prevention Network will provide support in building a vibrant network through implementation of the Network’s strategy to nurture a feminist community to advance the VAW Prevention efforts in the Horn, East and Southern Africa.
Key Result Areas Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide leadership and guidance on all aspects of the GBV Prevention Network strategy to ensure achievement of the goals and objectives.
• Support various feminist informed initiatives of the Network through planning, implementation and monitoring which includes leading on several areas of work.
• Provide technical assistance for Network members on critical VAW prevention issues.
• Keep up to date with feminist discourse in the region to facilitate relevant engagement through adaptation of existing or creation of new initiatives
Feminist Processes and Activism
• Lead and support the production of creative and vibrant materials for use in feminist initiatives such as briefs, blogs, animations, 16 Days of Activism kit, social media graphics, etc.
• Develop feminist content for and facilitate virtual and in-person engagements through: Get Moving! Rethink and Reenergize (R&R) processes and Prevention Pop ups etc.
• Provide technical support and guidance to members to facilitate process within their organizations or other activists in their networks and communities.
• Organize regular webinars with members to unpack critical topics on VAW prevention and build sense of community
Planning, Assessing and Reporting
• Prepare annual, quarterly workplans and specific activities plans; monitor and assess quality of activities, and revise plans if required.
• Track progress in the organizational learning framework, engage in R&A to generate learnings.
• Prepare reports for activity, quarterly and annual using the organizational reporting template.
• Identify learning agenda, support learning activities such as e.g. Peer Learning Initiatives (PLIs); and integrated learning into practice/initiatives.
• Lead and support the writing of program tools, program briefs, and publications elevating learning from practice.
• Prepare annual budget for Network to enable implementation of annual work plans.
• Prepare/review detailed budget prior to the implementation of each activity and request/ endorse the required funds.
• Ensure financial and other resources are utilized efficiently and effectively.
Relationship Building and Partnership Management
• Build and maintain mutually productive relationships with members and other likeminded organizations.
• Represent Raising Voices/Network in national, regional and global forums and events.
• Hold regular reflection with members to enable strategic evolvement of partnership
• Work in a feminist, collaborative and accountable way with all members of the VAW prevention team and Raising Voices more generally.
• Work in close collaboration with the VAW Prevention Coordinator.
• Participate and co-facilitate in VAW prevention team and Raising Voices meetings, staff retreats, reviews, strategies and processes.
• Support in preparation and facilitation of team and staff development sessions. Understand other areas of Raising Voices work and explore ways to build synergies
• Any other related duties assigned
• Minimum - BA Degree in development, social work, gender, human rights fields or related area
• MA is a plus
• At least 5 years of NGO experience in a senior position in Africa.
• In-depth knowledge of VAW prevention, feminism and movement building.
• Track record for publishing (policy briefs, thought pieces, blogs, reports, etc)
• Ability to develop and facilitate creative feminist processes.
Essential Skills & Competences
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
• Excellent strategic planning, analysis and visioning skills.
• Excellent management skills.
• Committed to feminist activism.
• Familiarity with various social media platforms.
• Capacity and willingness to strategically prioritize under competing demands.
• Creative ability to facilitate energetic feminist processes.
• Maintains high standards of quality programming and professionalism.
• Exhibits high levels of professionalism - good communication skills, time management, takes
initiative, meets deadlines, is honest and cooperative.
• Contributes to positive organizational culture, embodies the core values of Raising Voices.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please submit a) cover letter; b) CV; c) one page writing sample about how you understand feminism support and the three most important aspects to remember when communicating feminist ideas. Send to [email protected] with the subject line GBV Prevention Network Technical Manager.
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed or considered. Deadline for receiving applications is 10th September 2021. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted not later than 30th September 2021.