Job Title: Fresher Field Monitors – Teach A Man To Fish Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Teach A Man To Fish Uganda
Duty Station: Mityana
Line Manager: MEAL Assistant
Teach A Man To Fish Uganda Profile
Teach A Man To Fish is guided by a simple, all-encompassing mission: to empower young people with the skills they need to succeed, in school, work, and life. This is done through supporting young people in developing countries to gain skills and knowledge for economic empowerment. We support schools, youth groups, NGOs and training centers to establish enterprises – from eggs to grain storage, crafts to a hotel. These enterprises serve both as learning platforms, and as income-generating activities for the organization, as young people work on the businesses alongside their academic education. In this way, young people learn valuable business and entrepreneurial skills and the school has the ability to raise additional funds in a sustainable way.
We are a small organization with big reach – Since 2006, we’ve created over 300,000 student entrepreneurs and 18,000 enterprising teachers through our global programmes.
Teach A Man To Fish delivers the world’s largest, global awards programme for school-based enterprise: the School Enterprise Challenge. This annual programme supports teams of students, guided by a teacher to plan, set up and manage real school businesses. The business functions as a learning platform, supporting students to develop their soft skills and business knowledge, whilst at the same time generating additional income for the school. In 2020, Teach A Man To Fish adapted the model to an out-of-school youth setting for the first time and is currently rolling out the Youth Enterprise Challenge programme with young farmers and refugees in Uganda.
Teach A Man To Fish Uganda currently manages a portfolio of multi-year, grant-funded projects including an Education Cannot Wait project in 4 settlements, a Waterloo Foundation project developing our M&E systems in Mpigi district, a scale up of the Youth Enterprise
Challenge programme with 4,500 youth in Mityana district and a pending scale up of the
School Enterprise Challenge programme in 3 districts.
- To lead on delivery of field Monitoring and Evaluation, baseline and summative surveys in line with set targets, timeline and budget.
- To support the M&E department in inputting data collected and tabulation of results in order to assess the impact of the businesses on the target groups and the community at large.
Direct Reports: None
Internal Relations: Senior Field Officers
External Relations: None
Duration: 5 months
Package: UGX 20,000 per visit*
* Transport to and from selected youth farmer field schools shall be covered by the Teach A Man To Fish*
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support M&E department with follow up communication to youth farmer field schools to schedule time and visit date for assessments.
- Support MEAL department to review, prepare and collect M&E data.
- Conduct regular visits to the target youth groups and provide weekly activity reports to the MEAL Assistant.
- Support M&E department to review, prepare and conduct case study interviews
- Data entries using the designed database for all the activities implemented and submit to the M&E Assistant as per each group visited.
- Update the MEAL tracker with the activity completed, data of completion for accountability purposes to the M&E officer
- Work closely with the MEAL Manager and Assistant to ensure that there are no data backlogs at all times and all data collected is systematically inputted with no room for error.
- Ensure that the data collected from the field meets all the qualities and specification of a quality data and support in the verification, coding before entries are made.
- Ensure all hard copy data collected is submitted to the Uganda MEAL department on time.
- Retrieve information for use when requested by the M&E officer or any other Teach
A Man to Fish staff.
- Deliver delegated field activities according to the agreed project plan, budget and log frame.
The successful applicant will have the following qualifications, skills, experience, and
Qualifications & Experience:
- At least 1 year’ experience in either an NGO, social enterprise or corporate setting, with significant responsibility in data collection and management.
- Proven track record of contributing to managing beneficiary monitoring and database systems.
- Excellent knowledge of word processing tools and spreadsheets (MS Office Word, Excel etc.)
- Basic understanding of databases.
- Experience of using monitoring tools and trackers to document and analyze communications
- Good working knowledge of major databases and analytical programs including MS access, MS excel and Google sheets. At least have knowledge of 2 programs.
- Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, target setting, reporting and database management.
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g. qualitative, quantitative, mixed method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies.
- Experience in planning and managing surveys, developing data and data quality assessments and oversight.
- Experience working with education or child protection programs in a humanitarian context.
- Fluency in the Luganda dialect and MUST live in Mityana district.
Skills and knowledge.
- Results-driven and able to meet ambitious targets.
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong skills in teamwork and networking High level of attention to detail.
- Flexibility is highly needed.
How To Apply for Teach A Man To Fish Uganda Jobs 2021
To apply, please submit a maximum of 4 paged CV and one-page cover letter (combined into a single PDF document). Please be sure to clearly show in your cover letter why you are interested in this job and what makes you the most suitable candidate . Please also include your salary history . Applications should be sent to [email protected] CC [email protected] with “Application: Field Monitor in name sub county of interest ” in the title of the email. NB: Do not attach academic documents at this point.
Deadline: 4th June 2021
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.