Strategic Investment Fund (SIF) Manager
Jobs at:RTI International
Deadline of this Job:
14 August 2022
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, July 21, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The SIF Manager will provide oversight over B4R strategic investment fund. The position ensures compliance to USAID grants /subaward management guidelines and RTI relevant grant policies. The incumbent will work in liaison with the program team and senior management to identify, leverage and document cost-share opportunities. He /She will lead assigned initiatives including the Annual program statement (APS) to run an efficient budget management and guide the grantee programme staff and finance on donor requirements/guidelines and rules of managing donor Grants. Supervises SIF specialist.
Sub-grantee management and Cost Share reporting (50%)
• Ensure timely transparent partner selection by the Technical Evaluation committee as per RTI policy,
• Ensures timely organizational capacity and due diligence assessments are conducted to inform final decisions on partner selection for approval by senior management team
• Prepare sub grant agreements and all related required documentation for approval of sub grants by SMT and RTI Regional office
• Lead development of organizational capacity development plans of partners, based on results from assessments and monitors progress / implementation against the set plans.
• Conduct inception and training meetings on sub grants rules & regs and possible specific donor rules and regulations.
• Prepares quarterly reports on sub grants progress and challenges for SMT input and action.
• Track grants agreements modifications for SMT approval.
• Regularly assess subaward and grants scopes to identify potential cost share opportunities.
• Support senior management and the program and Grants teams to identify potential cost-share opportunities through networking with various stakeholders.
• Build cost-share networks and partnerships with identified potential cost-share partners, and closely work with the program teams to build such cost-share contributions into program implementation support.
Sub-grantee compliance and risk Management (25%)
• Lead partners in budgeting, maintaining accounting and financial controls. The SIF manager has both a controlling and a trainer/capacity building role vis-à-vis partners.
• Develop a Capacity Building plan of partner(s) but with a focus on the program support functions (administration, procurement and finance systems and policies integrity) and internal controls to ensure funds entrusted to the partner are well managed and well accounted for.
• Work with an audit approach and regularly test the integrity of the partners’ internal controls by personally conducted spot checks and audits of submitted and reported expenses and by recommending and / or organizing audits by RTI.
• At least quarterly, the job holder will physically visit partners and conduct & document spot checks of reported expenses and verify integrity of processes, conducted activities and documentation. Any concern, suspicion of fraud or fraud will immediately be reported as per RTI’s anti-fraud and anti-corruption policy.
Support Program Managers with grants financial management including audit requirements (20%)
• Ensure inception and close out meetings are held and documented as per RTI policy with participation of all relevant departments (program team, administration, finance, HR) so that a common understanding of each new initiative is built quickly across all relevant departments of RTI.
• During these meetings, the SIF Manager will present the specific donor rules and regulations that all staff and partners will need to abide with, with a focus on financial management and budget flexibility, milestone payments, procurement rules, any special per diem rates, any special requirements (e.g. stamping invoices, etc);
• Recommend budget revisions for sub grants as needed based on financial and expenditure reports analysis and on donor rules and regulations related to budget flexibility.
• Reviews and contributes to grants narrative reports to ensure consistency with financial information and partner reports and information.
• Maintain a program level risk matrix up to date every time a new development happens in the program (e.g. a new donor contract is signed, a new sub grant agreement is signed, an initiative closes, an audit has flagged new issues or risks, etc) and support the program team to manage risks accordingly.
Any other responsibilities (5%)
• As may be requested by supervisor.
Minimum Required Education & Experience
• Master’s degree in a relevant field and 6 years of experience
• Bachelors’ degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or Commerce with 10 years’ experience.
• Professional Accounting qualification like CPA, CIMA, and ACCA Level is added advantage.
• Relevant Grants management training, added advantage
• At least 6 years of relevant work experience in finance, grants, or contracts management.
Skills & Abilities
• Experience with USAID or other international donor agency regulations required
• Experience with international non-profit organizations preferred
• S/he must be proficient in English communication
• Strong candidates will exhibit excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, ability to work under difficult circumstances with limited resources, and ability to form productive relationships with host country counterparts and training institutions
• Strong strategic thinking and planning ability
• Flexibility to occasionally travel within the Activity areas of operation and work well with local officers
• Flexibility to occasionally work outside of normal hours
• Dependability, reliability, and high integrity
• Computer skills (email, word processing, spreadsheets, financial management systems).
• Highly motivated to maintain a regular dialogue with RTI/B4R ’s partner organizations.
• Skills in teamwork, facilitation, and training.
• Knowledge of International NGO operations and sub-grantee management is an added advantage
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 72
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified applicants click here to apply for this job