Senior Procurement Officer Works & Consulting Services
Jobs at:Uganda Electricity Transmission Company Limited (UETCL)
Deadline of this Job:
28 May 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, May 21, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
A Brief on the Company
Uganda Electricity Transmission Company Limited (UETCL) is a public Limited Company, which is wholly owned by the Government of the Republic of Uganda, and holds the following operational licences. System Operator, Operation of the High Voltage Transmission Grid, Bulk Power Supply, import and Export of Power and; Public Infrastructure Provider (for ownership and operation of the Optic Fibre).
Our Vision is: "Electricity Transmission for Sustainable Regional Development."
Our Mission is: "To buy, transmit and sell quality bulk power."
UETCL invites applications from suitable and eligible candidates for the following position:
Senior Procurement Officer Works & Consulting Services (1 Post)
The position located at Head Office, reports to Principal Procurement Officer, Works and Consultancies. The primarily purpose of the position is to manage project procurement and disposal activities related to Works and Consulting Services in accordance with the company policies, rules and regulations of Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets (PPDA) and of other international Donor agencies to effectively meet Company objective.
Key Result Areas
• Preparation, Coordination and updating of annual procurement plans in liaison with the donors and internal stakeholders.
• Play a leading Role in Reviewing and Guiding the User Departments in the development of Technical specifications & bidding documents for Goods, Works and Consultancies according to the PPDA ACT, Guidelines and Regulations and Donor Agencies.
• Manage the Bidding and evaluation of bids and proposals.
• Preparation of Status reports for Donor funded Procurements.
• Establishment of a monitoring system to ensure the completion of procurements according to the procurement plan.
• Assist the project implementation department to respond to enquiries on the status of procurement activities regarding projects.
The desired person should have the following essential requirements:
• University Degree in Procurement/Purchasing and Supplies, or Commerce or Business Administration.
• Full membership of Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS).
• Experience of 7 years of employment in a reputable organisation.
• Knowledge of the use of software such as MS Project Primavera, Ms Access, Sun system will be an added advantage.
• Must possess interpersonal and communication skills.
• Sound knowledge of World Bank Procurement Guidelines and Procedures would be an advantage.
• Must be computer literate.
• Must be able to withstand stressful work situations and have willingness to work long hours outside the normal hours.
• A person of high integrity, must be highly motivated, innovative and a committed team player.
Remuneration: Attractive remuneration package that is competitive.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested persons should send their applications enclosing certified copies of academic and professional credentials along with their curriculum vitae indicating contact postal address, daytime contact telephone, or fax or e-mail and giving three referees to:
The Ag. Manager,
Human Resource and Administration
Uganda Electricity Transmission
P.O. Box 7625
The closing date to receive applications is Friday 28th May, 2021 .
UETCL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NO. 05/2021