Senior Manager Internal Audit & Forensics
Jobs at:MTN Uganda
Deadline of this Job:
07 September 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, August 25, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Number: 21000019
Title: Senior Manager-Internal Audit & Forensics
Reporting to: MD/CEO-MTN Mobile Money Uganda Ltd
Division – Internal Audit & Forensics
No. of Vacancies: 1
Mission/ Core purpose of the Job
To provide oversight and assurance services over the Mobile Money environment. The incumbent will maintain a robust and agile Mobile Money Audit and forensics function. He /She shall provide third line Mobile Money risk management through conducting and coordinating Audits, risk analysis and assessments, advise management on appropriate risk mitigation strategy, development & implementation and provide compliance oversight over the Mobile Money related laws and regulations.
Main Job Functions:
• To coordinate the Fintech internal Audit and forensics activities with the co-sourced partner with the responsibility to oversee, manage, inform and take accountability for the Internal Audit and forensics function and other assurance providers including external Audit activity coordination.
• Liaise with co-sourced internal audit and forensics function to effectively ensure that the results of the internal audit and forensics activity’s work achieve the purpose and responsibility included in the internal audit and forensics charter; the internal audit and forensics activity conforms with the Definition of Internal Auditing and the Standards;
• Ensure the audit and forensics engagement/plan and strategy is on track and take custody and ownership of the Audit working papers
• Ensure adequate coverage of scope of the audit and key project deliverables by close monitoring of audit execution.
• Provide oversight over the development of the Fintech annual Audit and forensics Plan that incorporates knowledge gained through consulting engagements and interaction with management.
• Provide regular feedback to management on progress of work performed at their request
• Provide support to other assurance partners to ensure that the overall opinion incorporates the risks identified in the underlying processes
• Develop a dynamic Mobile Money Assurance Framework based on an environmental risk assessment.
• Advise management on process efficiencies based on Mobile Money Processes optimization reviews
• Develop a Mobile Money IT Security Assurance Framework extended to the third-party environment and other network systems
• Managing or conducting Mobile Money Stakeholder Audits
• In Liaison with the Co-sourced partner develop the Mobile Money Monitoring alerts for critical controls and perform Continuous Controls Auditing
• Follow up and report on the activities of fraud/cybercrime risk management including investigations performed by the co-sourced partner
• Providing value addition to the organization through relationship building with staff and management by engaging in Mobile Money related road shows. This will foster a culture of risk awareness within the company
Key Performance Areas: Core, essential responsibilities / outputs of the position (KPA's)
• Internal controls, policies and procedures are reviewed and reports made to the CEO, Management and the Audit Committee
• Departmental policies and procedures are written and continuously reviewed
• Regular internal audit plans are made and shared by with departments for early warning
• Planned audits are executed with specified time limits
• Continuous liaison with department heads in order to minimize risk exposures
• Agreed and sign- off risk assessments by Management
Job Requirements (Education, Experience and Competencies)
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer science/ Telecommunications Engineering or Information Technology
• Possession of a postgraduate degree in Business Administration, Auditing and Consultancy, or a related field.
• Professional qualification in Accountancy/ Auditing i.e. ACCA, CIMA, CIA, CPA, CISA etc.
• Proficient in data analytics tools i.e. ACL, SQL
• At least 5 years prior work experience in External Audit of which 2 years spent at a managerial level
• At least 5-7 years in an Internal Audit Function within the telecom industry
• Specialist experience preferred in IT Auditing/ IT General skills as well as working in a service industry
• Experience in use of CAATs
• Ability to conceptualize and advise management on the Mobile Money Business Strategy.
• Exposure to Mobile Money assurance services.
• Basic training in Introduction to Telecommunications
• Understanding of MTN Mobile Money Uganda operations
• Risk, Audit and Revenue Assurance in the Telecommunications environment
• Foundations of the Financial Industry in Uganda
• IT Audit tracking
• On job training on Audit methodology
• On job training on Continued Professional Development (CPD)
• Microsoft packages - MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint
• Show Leadership by guiding employees, when interfacing with the MTN Group
• Show Integrity by being honest and also be at the fore front to enforce risk and forensic management to ensure best practice
• Show Can do by demonstrating the ability to perform a task, that's not been done before, to the end
• Show relationships through establishing relations with people that one interacts with i.e. colleagues, MTN Group
• Show Innovation through recommendations made on best practice
• Ability to handle diversity and embrace change
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified? Use the link below to apply.