Senior Cost Control
Jobs at:SeaOwl Energy Services
Deadline of this Job:
15 May 2022
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, May 09, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
SeaOwl Energy Services is part of the SeaOwl Group, an international service provider specialised in a wide range of Recruitment, Manpower Contracting & Management, Asset Management, Training, Professional Services and Integrated Services for the Construction, Energy, Extractives, Logistics, Mining and Manufacturing sectors.
On behalf of our Client in the Extractives sector, we are looking for competent individuals to fill the following position:
POSITION IN THE ORGANISATION
Senior Cost Control
The job holder is responsible for:
• Prepare monthly Cost Control reports for budget holding entities and management and coordinate compilation of credible comments (variance analysis) from the cost control team.
• Ensure budget/performance monitoring and reporting. Track budget variances and challenge budget owners on any deviation from approved cost baseline.
• Organise regular cost review meetings with Budget Holders to identify opportunities to improve budgetary control.
• Plan, direct, and control the activities under his/her perimeter.
• Review, analyze and update accurate forecasts in collaboration with budget holders
• Carry out release process of Purchase Requisitions/Purchase Orders after making Budget Availability Control and checking correctness of amounts, cost allocations, cost objects as an integral part of the P2P process.
• In charge of controlling the relevancy of the cost allocation of the invoices through IMP.
• Prepare SALSA accruals, manual accruals, Cost objects review, etc. as part of the monthly accounting closure activities.
• Ensure that potential budget overruns are anticipated and corrective measures are in place to ensure the recoverability of all costs.
• Review Change Order requests and/or potential variations that impact budget and forecasts, and maintain appropriate register.
• Support respective entities to follow up on all financial and cost control issues.
• In charge of HQ Request For Services (RFS) creation and monitoring in his/her perimeter.
• Lead discussions with Managers on Cost structure to reach best compromise between cost monitoring needs and accounting and system constraints.
• Establish appropriate coordination with other project functions to ensure compatibility with the Cost Control requirements and timely flow of the information.
• Prepare all reports relative to cost control activities for authorities including Cost Recovery Statements, AFEs if required e.t.c.
• Prepare the monthly Cost Control flash report by workday 4 for circulation to Budget & Reporting team.
• Support responses to audits and/or queries from various stakeholders (e.g. internal/external auditors, Ugandan authorities, etc) such as the provision of justifications for expenditure, etc.
• Involvement in budget and closure forecast preparation in conjunction with Budget holders of Total E&P Uganda as Operator of EA-1 and LA-2.
• Preparation of operating procedures for cost control in his/her perimeter.
• Review monthly activity reports to allow effective cost allocations.
• Carry out induction of new Cost Controllers to ensure effective knowledge transfer.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Engineering or Operations Management. Professional qualification ACCA/CPA added advantage
• Minimum of 8 years’ experience in Cost Control in Oil & Gas upstream Sector.
• Good knowledge of FI/CO/MM/JVA domains of SAP accounting software.
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Power Point and Word).
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, analytical and computational skills.
• Good knowledge of the Oil & Gas business
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 96
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested applicants who meet the criteria as outlined above are encouraged to send a detailed CV ONLY by email to:
Via email: [email protected]
Subject of your email should be the position you are applying for
Do not hesitate to contact us, if you have any questions or need any clarifications
Tel. & WhatsApp: +256 (0) 761 441 554
Deadline for CV submission: Sunday, May 15th, 2022 – 5:00 PM.