Regional Projects Coordinator
Jobs at:Strategic Initiative for Women in the Horn of Africa
Deadline of this Job:
08 June 2022
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, May 13, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
SIHA is looking for a self-motivated Regional Projects Coordinator, with strong orientation on gender equality and women rights concepts and as a praxis. She or he will have a solid experience of working in conflict and post conflict areas and with societies in transition.
A) JOB SUMMARY
Under the overall supervision and guidance of the Regional Director and direct supervision of the Regional Program Manager, the Regional Projects Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring smooth operations of SIHA projects across SIHA countries of operation. The ‘RPC’ will support the Regional Programme Manager in programs/projects in planning, designing, implementing, training/guiding, monitoring and evaluating and play an active role in coordination, technical assistance and advocacy with the country teams and the different stakeholders.
The ‘RPC’ is part of the Programme Coordination Unit and is to support with decision-making in terms of engagements and implementation of activities across the region.
B) KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for leading SIHA regional projects and country projects (outside of Sudan), including project planning, implementation, documentation, reporting and quality assurance;
• To ensure quality project implementation, outputs and outcomes according to the project theories of change through regular monitoring and travel to SIHA offices across the region;
• To ensure compliance with all donor financial and reporting requirements;
• To coordinate with the monitoring and evaluation team and country leads in the compilation of donor reports for regional projects in a timely manner and support country teams in the compilation of country level donor reports (outside of Sudan);
• Support and facilitate external evaluations, audits and donor assessments and missions.
• To coordinate with SIHA management, Human Resource team, and country leads in the recruitment and performance management of SIHA country staff (outside of Sudan) and regional programme staff;
• To coordinate with SIHA management, human resource and finance management teams, and country leads in overseeing country office operations and administration
• To ensure smooth running of the country offices in the region by ensuring management, supervision, finance, administrative matters are carried out in accordance with relevant SIHA rules and procedures;;
• To develop and maintain positive relations among the SIHA team while engaging positively with donors, partners, and SIHA civil society member organizations ;
• To work in collaboration with SIHA programme and management teams to develop country level strategic plans and programme development for country offices;
• To review and contribute to reports, research, articles or any other documents produced by SIHA in the course of its work and ensure high quality outputs;
• To support in the development of policy papers, statements and briefing that would need to be produced by SIHA, working in close collaboration with the Advocacy and communications teams;
• To build thePCM capacities of SIHA country teams and support the development of project work and monitoring plans in cooperation with the regional team;
• To support in the development and implementation of internal office management systems that ensure compliance with SIHA policies and procedures;
• To build the reporting and documentation capacities of SIHA country teams and ensure quality and timely reporting of all activities and projects;
• To support SIHA staff and suggest opportunities to SIHA management for staff capacity building and skills development
• Represents SIHA where necessary with respect to external stakeholders, including Government meetings and donor missions
• To perform any other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
Preferably the candidate for this position should have strong knowledge/awareness and understanding of the Horn of Africa context including the political situations and the status of women and girls.
• Strong combination of studies and work experience in the fields of women’s rights, human rights, and development in the African context, East and Horn of Africa;
• Have at least 6 to 10 years work experience preferably within civil society and/or feminist and /or human rights field , with at least 4 years of managerial experience
• Strong academic background in Social Sciences, Human Rights or a related field, with Masters-level education ;
• Good understanding of the Greater Horn of Africa political and social context, and knowledge of the regional and international mechanisms/dynamics influencing the region;
• Strong projects management skills particularly with civil society organization , including positive and proactive management of human resource
• Proven experience in working within multicultural /multilingual environment and teams –Able to function effectively within a multicultural team;
• Strong writing skills – fluency in written and spoken English is a prerequisite, with knowledge of other regional languages considered an asset;
SIHA is committed to offer a fair remuneration based on qualifications and experience
SIHA encourages potential competent women candidates with strong relevant experience to apply for this position.
Borne of the social justice movement, the Strategic Initiative for Women in the Horn of Africa (SIHA) Network is an indigenous African women’s rights organisation with a soul. Our organisation was created by women activists from Somaliland, Ethiopia, and Sudan in the mid-1990s. SIHA works in a variety of cultural, political, and geographical environments in Uganda, Ethiopia, Djibouti, Eritrea, Somalia, Somaliland, Sudan and South Sudan. Read more
Equality, Solidarity, Ethical, Diligence, Transparency, Humility, Resilience, Critical-thinking, disciplined, Courageous, Integral, Empathy, Collectiveness, determination, Rationality, Diversity, Innovation, Democracy, learning, Self-critical
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 72
Job application procedure
Interested Candidates are asked to provide their current CV and Cover Letter, expressing her/his motivation in applying and relevant experience/expertise, to SIHA’s Human Resources Department [email protected] by 08 June 2022.Please enter “Application Materials: SIHA Regional Projects Coordinator” in the subject line.
Due to the anticipated volume of applications, please note that SIHA will contact only shortlisted candidates.
We thank you for your interest in joining SIHA!