Private Sector Engagement Specialist (PSES)
Deadline of this Job:
31 May 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, May 20, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Who We Are
Resonance is an award-winning frontier market solutions firm based in Burlington, Vermont that helps a variety of donor, commercial and investor clients around the world to catalyze lasting impact. We envision a prosperous and just world of thriving markets, healthy ecosystems, and vibrant communities where business, governments and citizens work together creating a better world for all.
Resonance seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental, and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by fostering public-private partnerships, facilitating sustainable investment, and providing deep analytical insights in frontier markets. We strive to merge strategic insight with practical on-the-ground knowledge into an integrated approach that emphasizes results.
Resonance was recently named one of Inc. 5000’s fastest growing privately-held companies. We seek candidates who are ready to apply their analytical and problem-solving skills to some of our planet’s greatest challenges in an entrepreneurial, fun, and fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate and committed people who can work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver results for our clients and stakeholders around the world.
The goal of the USAID-funded Integrated Child and Youth Development (ICYD) Activity is for?Ugandan children and youth, especially the most vulnerable, to receive the support and services necessary to lead resilient, healthy, and productive lives. The ICYD Activity is expected to achieve the following:
1. Children and youth have improved learning outcomes;
2. Children and youth are safe and healthy in their community and learning environments; and
3. Youth practice positive behaviors and are able to make informed decisions about their lives and relationships.
This Activity will address the mutually reinforcing relationship between improving learning outcomes and overall wellbeing. This Activity will employ a comprehensive and holistic approach across identified geographic zones in Uganda and across target objectives under ICYD across all objectives and geographically within specific zones identified in Uganda.
Resonance is seeking candidates to join in the role of Private Sector Engagement Specialist in our USAID-funded Integrated Child and Youth Development (ICYD) Activity. The Private Sector Engagement Specialist will work closely with the ICYD Team, specifically the Sr. Private Sector Engagement Specialist, key technical leads, and the Resonance PDU team to identify, collaborate and coordinate with private sector stakeholders in Uganda, USAID/Uganda, government entities and various project partners. Additionally, they will help Resonance contribute to EDC’s thought leadership in the areas of private sector engagement and partnership through capacity building, training, and technical advisory support. They will play a key role in promoting and nurturing private sector partnerships to advance the objectives of the ICYD project surrounding early grade reading (EGR), retention and youth.
This is a full-time position based in Kampala, Uganda, reporting to a Manager within the Resonance PDU and technically to the Sr. Private Sector Engagement Specialist.
• Support day-to-day relationship building with project and partners, the Uganda private sector, partnership development and technical implementation;
• Support the development of concept note, partnership modeling, prioritization and other PSE field-based activities;
• Conduct client presentations and reports to present activity results – which include but are not limited to new partnerships, upcoming opportunities, updates on ongoing partnerships and annual reporting;
• Work closely with the EDC project team to align Resonance’s work with project activities and objectives;
• Work closely with Resonance’s Sr. Private Sector Partnership Specialist, providing guidance and oversight on technical assignments and deliverables;
• Support/facilitate PSE trainings, workshops and multi-stakeholder convenings, as appropriate;
• Support development and review of project management deliverables (reports, M&E inputs, success stories, etc.), as well as monitoring the M&E metrics attributed to the PSE activities;
Relevant Skills & Qualifications
• At minimum 5 years of relevant experience in private sector engagement (PSE), partnership building, enterprise development or similar areas within Uganda;
• Strong familiarity with Uganda’s private sector landscape and economic, social and political contexts;
• Network including private sector companies, industry associations, government institutions, NGOs/CSOs, and more spanning a range of industries within Uganda;
• Prior practical experience leading or supporting private sector engagement, partnership modeling and public and private partnership concept development;
• Demonstrated ability to contribute to the development of strategies, trainings, capacity building, protocols and guidelines to facilitate private sector engagement;
• Prior USAID and/or donor development experience;
• Proven project management and technical skills preferred;
• Fluency in written and spoken English is required
Work Environment & Physical Demands
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.?
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Ability to travel domestically, as applicable.
Work Authorization / Security Clearance
Legally allowed to work in Uganda.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy of Resonance is to provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. Resonance hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Resonance believes that employees should be provided with a working environment which enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Job application procedure
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls or emails please.
Use the link to apply: https://jobs.lever.co/resonanceglobal/db5c5141-8475-4c35-b854-6b573e84836f