Principal Procurement Officer, Works & Consultancies
Jobs at:Uganda Electricity Transmission Company Limited (UETCL)
Deadline of this Job:
28 May 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, May 21, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
A Brief on the Company
Uganda Electricity Transmission Company Limited (UETCL) is a public Limited Company, which is wholly owned by the Government of the Republic of Uganda, and holds the following operational licences. System Operator, Operation of the High Voltage Transmission Grid, Bulk Power Supply, import and Export of Power and; Public Infrastructure Provider (for ownership and operation of the Optic Fibre).
Our Vision is: "Electricity Transmission for Sustainable Regional Development."
Our Mission is: "To buy, transmit and sell quality bulk power."
UETCL invites applications from suitable and eligible candidates for the following position:
Principal Procurement Officer, Works & Consultancies (1 Post)
The position located at Company Head Office reports to Manager Procurement and Disposal. The primary purpose of the position is to Manage project procurement and disposal activities related to Works and Consulting Services in accordance with the company policies, rules and regulations of Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets (PPDA) and of other International Donor agencies to effectively meet Company objectives.
Key Result Areas
• Manage the process of preparation of annual Projects Procurement Plan and departmental Procurement Plans based on the approved budget and within the required timelines to ensure timely completion in line with the UETCL's goals, objectives, policies and regulations and Donor Guidelines.
• Periodically review the internal procurement policies, practices and procedures to ensure relevance with UETCL's Business strategy and Donor Guidelines.
• Keenly monitor the implementation of the approved project procurement plan;
• Coordinate the implementation the procurement process to ensure compliance with the PPDA Act and Regulations while achieving value for money;
• Coordinate the preparation and submission of technical inputs for project procurements initiated by user departments in line with UETCL procedures, PPDA Regulations and Donor guidelines;
• Support the smooth functioning of Contracts Committee in line with PPDA regulations and guidelines; Develop and maintain accurate systems to follow up and implement decisions of the Contracts Committee on projects procurements in line with PPDA regulations.
• Develop a storage system for procurement related documents and records in line with the PPDA Act and Regulation and UETCL's Records Management guidelines;
• Develop and implement a system of identifying and managing risks in the procurement activities and develop risk mitigation measures;
• Mentor and supervise the performance and development of staff in the section in line with UETCL's goals, objectives, policies and regulations.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
The desired person should have the following essential requirements:
• University Degree in Procurement/Purchasing and Supplies, Commerce, Business Administration from a recognised institution.
• A post graduate qualification at Masters level in a relevant field is an added advantage
• Full membership of Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS).
• At least Eight years' experience in Public Procurement Management of works and consulting services of which at least 4 years should be at a supervisory/senior level.
• At least three (3) years' experience in Procuring donor funded projects such as African Development Bank(ADB), World Bank, Islamic Development Bank, JICA, European Union (EU)and BADEA.
• Must be knowledgeable in regulations,
• Must be knowledgeable in regulations, guidelines and procedures of PPDA and donor guidelines.
• Related experience and additional skills required to undertake the job
• Good supervisory and interpersonal skills
• Must be computer literate.
• Must have good analytical and communication skills.
• Can demonstrate a background of personal and strategic leadership.
• A person of high integrity, must be highly motivated, innovative and a committed team player.
Remuneration: Attractive remuneration package that is competitive.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 96
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested persons should send their applications enclosing certified copies of academic and professional credentials along with their curriculum vitae indicating contact postal address, daytime contact telephone, or fax or e-mail and giving three referees to:
The Ag. Manager,
Human Resource and Administration
Uganda Electricity Transmission
P.O. Box 7625
The closing date to receive applications is Friday 28th May, 2021 .
UETCL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NO. 05/2021