Job Title: – PEAS Uganda Jobs 2022 MEL and Data Specialist (School Network)
Organization: PEAS (Promoting Equality in African Schools) Uganda
Duty Station: Based in Kampala with 10-15% travel to school network
Reports to: Head of School Network
PEAS (Promoting Equality in African Schools) Profile:
PEAS (Promoting Equality in African Schools) is a UK based charity/social enterprise with a mission to ‘expand access to sustainably delivered, quality secondary education across Africa’. PEAS establish and operates low-cost secondary schools in Uganda and Zambia in areas where access to quality secondary education is limited due to cost and geographical barriers. PEAS’ interventions are built upon 3 pillars of education impact: Access, Quality and Sustainability. Since opening its first schools in 2008, the PEAS network has grown to 32 schools, and we are currently educating over 16,000 students.
The MEL and Data Specialist role is designed to lead the analysis of data to drive support and supervision across a network of 30 schools. You will play a critical role and will be challenged to produce fast, high-quality analysis of school data, guided by the needs of school support and global teams.
Unlike the traditional M&E roles in the NGO sector, this role will focus heavily on data analysis, with a small number of M&E projects where need arises.
We want an excellent data analyst, who can work as an independent team member whilst also working in collaboration and coordination across the Uganda and global teams. You will serve as the driving force for the School Information System (SiS) across the network, providing guidance, capacity building and support to schools and school support teams.
To be eligible to apply, you must have the right to live and work in Uganda.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Lead the annual cycle of M&E and data collection
- Assess country-level data needs; develop appropriate tools and processes to collect information
- Conduct annual cycle of data collection and analysis of school data
- Termly dashboard data
- Annual exam results analysis
- Annual enrolment analysis
- Annual demographic/equity analysis
- Annual alumni tracking
- Annual student and teacher perception survey
- Work with UK technical team to determine and implement M&E needs across the Uganda programme
Data management and dissemination
- Manage the school network database (securely store and organize all school data; ensure accessibility of data to relevant Uganda and global stakeholders)
- Provide relevant data on Uganda network and schools to user departments (HoS, inspections team, grant managers, UK fundraising team)
- Provide adhoc school data analysis to be used by school support teams to better understand school and student performance.
Thought leadership and strategic input
- Update and track organizational Key Performance Indicators (KPIs); ensure alignment of data collection processes with KPIs and provide regular updates to country and global team members on progress
- Serve as the go-to source of performance and impact data on the PEAS Uganda programme, including joining and inputting into internal strategy meetings, as well as joining meetings with external parties on an emerging, needs basis; represent PEAS’ data accurately and effectively
- Support the PEAS Uganda team to understand and make use of data in their day-to-day jobs, including finding opportunities to proactively share information, and designing and delivering bespoke trainings to build the capacity of staff in using data.
- Collaborate with the UK technical team on global research and M&E projects, including representing the Uganda programme within joint projects.
Oversee the School Information Systems (SiS) at school and country level
- Drive and coordinate the roll-out of the SiS across the 28 schools
- Coordinate and deliver capacity building to school support staff and school-level focal persons on use of the SiS
- Lead the analysis of SiS data
- Be available to support troubleshooting with the SiS
- Upon occasion, work with the UK Technical Team to share PEAS expertise with external organizations and/or deliver a project to support a partner organization
Who we are looking for
- No matter the role, we are looking for people who believe in what we do and how we do it; is passionate about transforming lives through education and aligned to our values.
Experience & Qualifications Essential
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a data analyst or M&E related role
- BA or above in relevant field
- Experience working with data management systems and data-handling and processing
- Experience implementing effective practice in Monitoring and Evaluation
Skills & Personal Attributes:
- Excellent data-handling and processing skills, including ability to work with excel and statistical packages
- Able to present data analysis in concise and compelling formats
- Highly numerate analyst, who is able to draw insight from multiple sources
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and under pressure
- Flexibility and ability to adapt priorities in response to emerging team needs
- Systems literate
- Excellent report writing, communication and presentation skills; proficient in MS Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience working in the education sector
- Experience working at a strategic level to support decision-making
How To Apply for PEAS Uganda Jobs 2021:
Interested applicants who meet the criteria should submit their applications to the link below:
Deadline: 16th May 2022
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise .