Officer Revenue Reconciliation - (2100026)
Jobs at:Uganda Revenue Authority
Deadline of this Job:
15 May 2021
Within Uganda , Nakawa , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, April 26, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Role/ Purpose:
Reconcile revenue collections and all transfers by commercial banks to Bank Of Uganda as reported by URA stations, commercial banks, Telecom companies to ensure accuracy and completeness of revenue reports .
1. Verify revenue returns received from Banks, telecom companies, and URA stations for accuracy of accounting data
• Receive bank statements, transfer schedules and returns, acknowledge receipt and check them for authenticity, identifying and noting any discrepancies in them.
• Maintain and update a filing system of the bank Statement
• Compare ledgers against bank statement and electronic bank statements against physical bank statements for accuracy
• Notify the bank/telecom/stations of any missing bank/ collection statements details and the Revenue Accounting unit of any missing cash book transactions
• Review with respective station heads and banks the status report on the authenticity and accuracy of the returns and verify the accuracy of the status report before its submission to the supervisor
2. Carry out a reconciliation of revenue collections by URA collecting stations and transfers between bank branches and Head Office to certify reliability of financial records
• Analyze information in cash books and bank statements and prepare a list of reconciling items to facilitate the reconciliation.
• Prepare and submit daily/weekly/ monthly reconciliation statement reports
• Review, confirm and clear the interbank transactions for the organization.
• Share technical information with revenue reconciliation team and revenue accounting officers.
3. Follow up raised queries to improve the accuracy of information in the accounting system
• Review the reconciliation statement generated from the accounting system to identify and categorize errors and raise them to banks and stations for correction
• Relay information on the improvement of the accounting system to the Finance Systems Administrators.
• Maintain, communicate and monitor compliance of an accurate record of bank codes with respective stakeholders.
• Identify and eliminate posted Adjusting journal vouchers from the reconciliation statement.
• Prepare and Submit adjusted Journal vouchers to Supervisor, Revenue reconciliation.
4. Sensitize stakeholders to improve the understanding of URA accounting procedures and deliver stationery
• Carry out periodic sensitization of bank officers about the revenue Collection agreements, and URA station heads and about the accounting procedures.
• Carry out and report on periodic station visits to sensitize staff about collection agreements
1. Essential Requirements
• An honors Bachelor’s degree with a major in Accounting or Finance from a recognized University
2. Desirable Requirements
• Experience in finance or accounting in a reputable organization
• Experience in application of Finance/Accounting software/systems
• Partial or full qualifications in CPA or ACCA
• Fair knowledge of Tax laws of Uganda and the region
• Public Finance and Accountability Act 2003
4. Special Skills and Attributes
• High Integrity.
• Good Interpersonal Relations.
• Good Analytical skills.
• High proficiency in the use of computer applications especially MS Office required
• Excellent report writing capability
• A team player and negotiator
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please click here to apply.