Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Data Specialist
Deadline of this Job:
13 May 2022
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, May 02, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
PEAS (Promoting Equality in African Schools) is social enterprise with a mission to expand access to sustainably delivered, quality secondary education across Africa'. PEAS establishes and operates affordable secondary schools in Uganda and Zambia in areas where access to quality secondary education is limited due to cost and geographical barriers. PEAS launched an ambitious strategy in 2021, aimed at expanding Access to Quality education, ensuring schools are Sustainable and investing in systems strengthening. With over 30 secondary schools in Uganda educating over 15,000 students, 40 staff at the Country Office and 900 staff working in the network schools, PEAS intend to expand its geographical coverage and impact by recruiting in various positions: PEAS Uganda is seeking to fill the following vacancies:
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Data Specialist
Reporting to: Head of School Network
Location: Country Office, Kampala
This is a critical role at PEAS, designed to lead the analysis of data which must drive support and supervision across a network of 30 schools. In this role, you will be challenged to produce fast, high-quality analysis of school data, guided by the needs of school support and global teams. Unlike a traditional M&E role, this role will focus heavily on data analysis, with a small number of M&E projects where need arises. You will have the opportunity to work as an independent team member but will also work in collaboration and coordination across the Uganda and global teams. You will also serve as the driving force for the School Information System (SIS) across the network, providing guidance, capacity building and support to schools and school support teams.
Experience and Qualification
• Minimum 2 years' experience in a data analyst or M&E related role.
• BA or above in the relevant field.
• Experience working with data management systems and data-handling and processing
• Experience implementing effective practice in Monitoring and Evaluation
• Experience working in the education sector.
• Experience working at a strategic level to support decision-making
Personal attributes and skills
• Excellent data-handling and processing skills, including ability to work with excel and statistical packages
• Able to present data analysis in concise and compelling formats
• Highly numerate analyst, who is able to draw insight from multiple sources
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and under pressure
• Flexibility and ability to adapt priorities in response to emerging team needs
• Systems literate
• Excellent report writing, communication and presentation skills; proficient in MS Word and PowerPoint.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Suitable and qualified candidates should follow this link: www.peas.org.uk/careers to access full job description, fill the application form for the job.
Closing date for applications not later than Friday 13/05/2022 at 5pm EAT.
PEAS is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its recruitment practices and, in order to build the strongest possible workforce, actively seeks a diverse applicant pool. PEAS is committed to the protection of children, and we do not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. DEl approach is prioritizing increasing gender parity in leadership roles; we strongly encourage applications from female candidates.
Detailed Job descriptions can be downloaded from PEAS website: www.peas.org.uk