Job Title: – Mercy Corps Uganda Jobs 2021 Learning and Documentation Officer
Organization: Mercy Corps Uganda
Duty Station: Across Uganda
Reports to: PPR Team Leader
Mercy Corps Uganda Profile
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In conflict, in disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future.
USAID funded Securing Peace and Promoting Prosperity in Karamoja (EKISIL) which Mercycorps and Partners- Riamiriam Civil Society Network, DADO and AWOTID have been implementing from November 15 2017 to April 15, 2021. We anticipate a two (2) year extension for this program from April 2021 – April 2023. EKISIL is a Conflict Mitigation and Management Project that uses a people-to-people approach (P2P) that brings groups together across divisions to address underlying social, economic, ecological, and governance issues at risk of fueling conflict in the Karamoja region. This is achieved through three interlinked objectives that address root causes of inter-ethnic conflict and promote reconciliation, empower local capacities to prevent and manage conflicts, and address emerging conflicts related to land.
The Learning and Documentation Officer (LDO) will work closely with the Senior Partnership and Monitoring and Evaluation Manager to track the analysis and learning of the EKISIL activities. S/he will help create tracking tools to ensure team members and community members are reaching their goals. S/he will work with teams to document case studies, success stories by engaging with various program participants across the operational districts in Karamoja. Support the monitoring and evaluation sector in data management, analysis and dissemination of the learnings of the program.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Develop tools to simplify data gathering and reporting and ensure teams gather and report necessary data
- Support program staff in monitoring and evaluating the progress and impact of work including setting and measuring benchmarks along results chains;
- Manage program data; including information that is collected by programs, this will include database support and design.
- Development and maintain a central database to track all PMP-required project information, and provide it to the program manager, on request
- Prepare data analyses to be used in monthly program strategic reviews, annual reports, and other evaluations.
- Disseminate research learnings and recommendations to team members, beneficiaries and other relevant audiences.
- Perform spot checks on the team’s data collection and reports each month.
- Lead in documenting the programme success stories and case studies
- Keenly analyze and share data and information for effective decision making
- Coordinate program/project lessons learnt and develop key actions of improvement
- Participate in conducting research activities on specific subjects critical to team success and recommend the hiring of external support where necessary;
- Facilitate capacity building of staff stakeholders and beneficiaries on assessment, monitoring and evaluation
- Carry out a one-to-one for project staff on how to use developed data collection tools
- Assist program staff to develop monitoring and evaluation tools
Communication and Publication:
- Contribute data, analysis and write-ups to regular organizational publications and reports;
- Conduct capacity building for the Partners on report writing and documentation
- Support the partners to develop communication and Institutional plans.
Finance & Compliance Management
- Ensure compliance with donor and Mercy Corps regulations related to peace and conflict programming.
- Ensure compliance with security procedures and policies as determined by country leadership.
- Proactively ensure that team members operate in a secure environment and are aware of policies.
- As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
Accountability to Beneficiaries
- Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
Minimum Qualifications for Mercy Corps Uganda Jobs 2021
- The ideal candidate for the Mercy Corps Learning and Documentation Officer job opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Mass Communication, Journalism, M&E and Data Management, social science or related field.
- At least three years experience in a similar role of Learning and Documentation in recognized Organizations.
- Good understanding and skills in data management.
- Strong computer literacy with full knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Strong knowledge of mobile data collection tools and best practices. Experience with case management systems preferred.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
- Strong team coordination, listening, and consensus-building skills.
- Fluent in both spoken and written English. Knowledge of N’Karamojong will be an added advantage.
- Able to drive a motorbike safely, valid license. Preferred but not required.
- The successful Learning and Documentation Officer will combine exceptional Communication and information sharing management skills and experience in data management, development of learning tools, agenda and case studies and success stories.
- S/he will have the ability to think creatively about operationalizing and improving the M&E and documentation of the program.
- S/he will have proven experience with cross-cultural team and capacity building, individual staff development and strong mentoring skills.
- Multi-tasking, prioritizing, problem-solving and simultaneous attention to detail as well as strategic vision are essential.
- The most successful Mercy Corps staff members have a strong commitment to teamwork and accountability, thrive in evolving and changing environments and make effective written and verbal communication a priority in all situations.
- A good sense of humour and the ability to learn from mistakes also goes a long way!
How To Apply for Mercy Corps Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 5th April 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.