Junior Dryer Operator
Jobs at:Kyagalanyi Coffee Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
13 May 2022
Within Uganda , Kasese , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, May 09, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Kyagalanyi Coffee Ltd. [KCL) is a member of the Vol café group, the coffee division of ED&F Man. It is the oldest and one of the largest coffee exporters in Uganda and the first to become ISO 9001:2008 certified. We buy Arabica and Robusta in all coffee producing regions and export about 15% of Uganda's coffee production to over 30 consuming countries around the world. The company heavily invests in Uganda's coffee infrastructure and people. Our quality-oriented business strategy aims to lift the entire coffee sector and improve the quality perception of Ugandan Arabica and Robusta around the globe.
To ensure we can deliver on our service level to our global network, we are looking for enthusiastic candidates to join our team in the following positions.
Job Title: Junior Dryer Operator
Duty Station: Kasese
Reports To: Standard Dryer Operator
Junior Dryer Operator will operate, maintain the factory machinery required to process coffee in the most hygienic, effective, economical and efficient manner always. Machines are the term used to cover all physical machines and the accessories used to operate them.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensuring that machines are properly and safely started to achieve efficient, cost-effective and sustainable operations for greater productivity.
• Make sure that every coffee that enters or exits the dryer is recorded in the dryer daily report and that no coffee is mixed during operation.
• Make sure that the coffee samples are taken from the dryer once an hour by Quality Controller and that the percentage of moisture is recorded in the daily dryer monitoring report.
• Make sure the air is blown inside the dryer at the recommended temperature according to the coffee moisture.
• Make sure the coffee is dried at the recommended moisture. Make sure all machines and workspace are always very clean.
• Make sure all moving parts are covered with safety guards to ensure safety. . If there is any abnormal noise or situation in the machines you should report it to Senior Dryer operator immediately.
• Observe and follow company safety rules and regulations.
• Any coffee that is discharged from the dryer should be standardized to the required Kilograms per bag.
• In case of any breakdown in the machine, you should work with the technician to fix the machine as soon as possible. Must observe time management throughout the entire workday.
• Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Required Qualifications, Experiences and Competences
• Certificate or Diploma in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
• Proven working experience as a Junior Dryer operator or a related field of at least 1 year minimum.
• Any additional relevant certification will be considered an advantage.
• In depth knowledge of general maintenance processes and methods.
• Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and safety.
• Applicable knowledge of tools, common appliances and devices.
• Problem solving aptitude.
• Good physical condition.
• Written and verbal communication skills
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
All interested candidates should send their online application letters and updated CVs with three referees to [email protected] by 13th May 2022 . Please note that due to the high level of applications only successful candidates will be contacted and only online applications will be accepted.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Kyagalanyi Coffee Ltd. is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment and no fees should be paid at all for applying for any roles at Kyagalanyi Coffee Ltd. All qualified applicants will receive equal treatment without regard to race, colour, sex, gender, age, religion, or belief. ethnic or national origin, marital or civil partner status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected by local law.
We also take reasonable steps to accommodate applicants with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws.