Junior Cost Controller
Jobs at:Seaowl Group
Deadline of this Job:
28 March 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, March 23, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
On behalf of our Client in the Extractives sector, we are looking for a competent Junior Cost Controller to join our Team at our Clients office in Kampala in their Finance & IS/T Department. The ideal candidate will be a hard-working professional able to undertake a variety of assigned tasks and work diligently under pressure. .
Reporting to the Cost Control Coordinator, the job holder will be responsible for the following tasks;
• Be actively involved in running costs, preparing Environment and HSS budgets in conjunction with Budget holders of the Company as the Operator of EA-1 and EA-1A.
• Carry out the process of releasing Purchase Requisitions / Purchase Orders after ensuring budget availability control and cost checks on amounts, cost allocations, cost objects and others.
• Be accountable for controlling the relevancy of the cost allocation in the invoices through IMP.
• Request for Services (RFS) from H/Q and follow up on the areas of responsibility.
• Prepare SALSA accruals, manual accruals, Cost objects reviews and others as part of the monthly accounting closure activities.
• Observe deadlines for staff writing and ensuring consistency with budget/forecast; compile the data to update the Statistical Key figures for each monthly closing.
• Ensure budget / performance monitoring and reporting. To prepare monthly running costs, Environment and HSS Cost Control reports for budget holding entities with credible comments (variance analysis).
• Organize regular cost review meetings with Budget Holders to identify opportunities to improve budgetary control.
• Organize discussions with Managers on Cost structure to reach best compromise between cost monitoring and accounting needs and system constraints.
• Review monthly activity reports to allow effective cost allocations.
• Support departments on all financial and cost control issues.
• Attend to queries from internal/external auditors, JV Partners, vendors such as the provision of justifications for expenditure during the various audits carried out by JV partners and/or Ugandan authorities.
Job Skills : Not Specified
Qualifications & Experience
• Bachelor's degree in Finance/Accounting.
• Professional qualification is an added advantage
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in accounting department in the Oil & Gas upstream sector.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates who meet the criteria as outlined above are encouraged to send their detailed CV ONLY by email email: [email protected]