Job Title: Payroll and Tax Accountant – Jumia Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Jumia Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Jumia Uganda Profile
Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay. The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners.
The OPCO Senior Tax Specialist will be responsible for ensuring compliance with all statutory requirements of deducting and remitting all direct and indirect taxes to the Uganda Revenue Authority. The applicant must possess strong knowledge of tax laws and advise on relevant changes that could affect the business.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure accurate posting of all tax related transactions to the general ledger and reconciliation of the respective GL accounts.
- Keenly review all transactions between local and international customers and suppliers to ensure appropriateness and ensure compliance to local tax laws where applicable.
- Preparation of tax planning reports as requested by management.
- Prepare monthly tax returns for compliance i.e VAT, WHT, NSSF, PAYE, LST.
- Ensure all taxes are filed and paid by the 15th of every month.
- ?Ensure 100% compliance of Jumia to EFRIS in all aspects of the business.
- Conduct tax awareness sessions for employees where necessary.
- Maintain quality and supportive relationships with the tax authorities as well as our tax consultants.
- Prepare documents required and attendance to queries raised by internal and external auditors for monthly, quarterly, and annual statutory audits on tax related matters.
Payroll reporting & management:
- ?In charge of payroll as far as preparation and processing in liaison with HR department is concerned.
- ?Responsible for posting all payroll related transactions and reconciliation of respective GL accounts.
- ?Review and ensure proper accounting and accuracy for all payroll lines.
- Any other duties assigned by Chief Finance Officer
- The ideal applicant should hold a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Commerce or Finance with a strong preference in the disciplines of accounting, tax or the related.
- Full/part qualification in ACCA/CPA would be an added advantage
- Two to three years of experience in tax operations and tax accounting/audit. The ideal applicant must have worked in a tax accounting environment and must be familiar with EFRIS
- Excellent computer skills with high proficiency in Microsoft Office especially Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrates the ability to develop strong working relationships with team members, colleagues, and customers as well as suppliers
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Ability to pay attention to detail
How To Apply for Jumia Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: Open until filled