Business Function: Information Technology
Reports to: Head of IT
Our Client comprises a portfolio of businesses focused on structural growth markets. The business helps individuals to de-risk their lives and deal with their biggest financial concerns through life insurance. One of the longest standing and most successful global insurers in the world with over 20 million life customers, +24,000 employees, and £56billion of assets under management as of 30th June 2019, They have been providing financial security to customers since 1848 and it’s one of the oldest insurers in the world, with 171 continuous years of providing financial services.
The Client provides protection and savings opportunities to customers, social and economic benefits to the communities in which it operates, jobs and opportunities to its employees, and financial benefits for its investors. By offering security, pooling savings, and making investments, they help maintain the growth cycle. The company’s strategy is designed to create sustainable economic value for its customers and shareholders.
The company continues to develop its businesses in new markets in Africa, building on the success of its other regional models, particularly in Asia. Currently, the company has a footprint in eight countries: Uganda, Kenya, Zambia, Ghana, Nigeria, Cameroon, Cote d’ Ivoire, and Togo.
Reporting to the Head of IT, the IT support Officer will, under guidance, provide IT user support, administer hardware and software infrastructure, troubleshoot network-related challenges, support in IT projects and initiatives, Manage the IT asset register, implement cybersecurity policies and training amongst other responsibilities
As the ideal resource for this role, the successful candidate will be an adaptive team player, with excellent people skills. In addition, she/he should have critical problem-solving skills with an analytical mindset, proactive and self-driven, with the ability to meet deadlines on short notice.
• Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications • Daily monitoring and maintaining of computer systems and networks and respond immediately to security or usability concerns.
• Talking to staff or clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the telephone, to help set up systems or resolve issues.
• Troubleshooting system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software. faults
• Providing support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports
• Supporting the roll-out of new applications
• Setting up new users' accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues • Prioritising, tracking, and solving Zendesk support queries.
• Network support
• Respond to and resolve help desk requests
• Information security, (locking of computers, authentication on the printer)
• Support transfer of mails to the Exchange online.
• Provide technical support for both hardware and software issues our user's encounter
• Provision of a weekly and monthly report to IT head as requested
• Perform any other duties as may be required by the IT Head and CEO
Core Competences Required:
• Stakeholder relationship management skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Ability to prioritize tasks and activities
• Ability to successfully work in a high activity, fast-paced environment
• A reasonable level of industry knowledge in relation to the current ICT trends and technologies • Ability to proactively network with colleagues in the industry
• University degree in IT, Computer Science or equivalent from a recognized University • 2-3 years working experience of which at least one is in a similar role
All applications will be received and Reviewed through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Now ' section