Jobs at:Central Corridor Transit Transport Facilitation Agency (CCTTFA)
Deadline of this Job:
15 October 2021
Within Uganda , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, September 27, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Vacancy title: Infrastructure Specialist
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Department: Infrastructure Department
Eligibility: Ugandan Nationals Only
Closing Date: 15th October-2021
The Central Corridor Transit Transport Facilitation Agency
The Central Corridor Transit Transport Facilitation Agency (CCTTFA) is a Multilateral Agency formed in the year 2006 through an Agreement by five Governments (the United Republic of Tanzania, the Democratic Republic of Congo, the Republic of Burundi, the Republic of Rwanda and the Republic of Uganda), with the mandate to amongst others, promote optimal utilization of the central corridor, encourage maintenance, improve development of infrastructure and support service facilities at Ports, Railways, Marine, Roads, Border Posts and along the route to meet user requirements, ensure open competition, and reduce the cost of transit transport for land locked Member States.
Initiate tenders, including input for preparation of bid documents and the assessment of suppliers' proposals for contract awards, in line with CCTTFA policies. Address challenges that arise from the implementation of infrastructure projects, ensuring their timely resolution to the satisfaction of the CCTTFA and its Partners.
Prepare project budgets in accordance with CCTTFA policies, including negotiation with partners on budgetary changes. In-depth review and inputs on new project designs, analysis of feasibility of projects and cost implications, providing the necessary follow-up actions for project acceptance. As and when required, draft documentation on the infrastructure projects being managed, including evaluation of their impact, e.g., in briefs, presentations, overviews. Ensure that documents are accurate and comply with CCTTFA format and style. Represent CCTTFA at relevant Inter-Agency mechanisms, national authorities and donors' engagements, meetings and conferences. Manage relationships with infrastructure funding agencies, contractors, service providers, ensuring they have a sound understanding of CCTTFA project management rules and processes, and build local capacity, e.g., in best practices, in the process. Demonstrate strong team work skills.
The Infrastructure Specialist shall abide by administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the CCTTFA.
• Professionalism - Proven ability to conduct independent research and analysis, identify issues, and recommend solutions.
• Familiarity with Central Corridor Member States rules, regulations and policies.
• Ability to work systematically, accurately and under pressure. Planning and organizing
• Ability to establish priorities and to plan, coordinate and monitor own work plan and those under his/her supervision.
• Result-oriented - Ability to focus on the result for the clients and respond positively to feedback.
• Stakeholders' orientation - Ability to identify clients' needs and appropriate solutions; ability to establish and maintain productive partnerships with stakeholders.
• Communication - Proven ability to write in a clear and concise manner and to communicate effectively orally.
• Good report writing skills in English.
• Knowledge of French is an added advantage.
• Teamwork - Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment and different stake holders with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
• Analyzing Skills - Ability to make rational judgments for the available information and analysis and probe for further information or greater understanding of a problem and present with alternative options.
• Self-reliant: Ability to act independently with a minimum of supervision.
• Specific assignments may be reviewed while in progress; however, the majority are reviewed on completion. Routine duties are performed independently.
• Technological awareness - Excellent computer skills and ability to use software tools to present data clearly and concisely;
• Good working knowledge of MS Office applications.
• Demonstrate knowledge and hands on project cycles from conception to delivery. Sound knowledge and experience in Project Finance and Project Management.
• Excellent knowledge and experience of delivering Infrastructure under Public-Private Partnership (PPP) modalities and its associated risks.
• Knowledge and experience in data collection and application of statistical tools.
• Knowledge and experience in monitoring and evaluation (M&E) activities - in a project implementation environment.
• Experience in Public Sector Management and working modalities in the Sub-Saharan region either at national or regional level.
• Excellent relationship management skills necessary for interaction with stakeholders at country, regional and multi-lateral level including VVIPs;
• Highly organised with the ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
• Ability to interact with staff at various levels in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism, maturity and confidentiality;
• Project management, programme delivery experience and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong decision-making ability, good judgement and attention to detail.
• Ability to stay focused, efficient, and effective in managing multiple priorities and work under pressure with periodic travel requirements.
A Master's degree in an infrastructure related field such as engineering and construction management or similar and at least 10 years of working experience are required.
Or a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Civil/Structural Engineering and at least 15 years of relevant work experience, preferably in combination with certification in proiect management or infrastructure, construction or engineering management, may substitute for the master's degree.
Age limit: Applicants should not be more than 45 Years of age at the time of application.
• He/She must possess strong engineering skills combined with a minimum of 10 years of experience, including at least 5 years of proven acquired multimillion dollar infrastructure project experience (e.g., road, railway, port).
• Minimum 5 years' relevant experience in coordination, planning and managing of works in design and construction field is required.
• Management experience of large-scale infrastructure projects in complex environments is preferable. Previous experiences in developing countries is an asset.
• Experience in the development of projects is preferable.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, databases, and the internet is required.
Fluency in oral and written English. Knowledge of French is an added advantage.
Duration of The Assignment
The appointment will be on an initial contract period of five (5) years renewable depending on the Candidate's performance and availability of funding.
Eligibility to Apply
Eligibility criteria, establishment of the short-list and the selection procedure shall be in accordance with the Central Corridor Transit Transport Facilitation Agency Staff Rules and regulations. ONLY UGANDA NATIONALS AR? ELIGIBLE TO APPLY.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic and its associated nature of spreading risks, all interested Applicants should address their application letters through the below address and submit their Applications ONLINE, alongside a concise Curriculum Vitae (CV), Certified copies of the Degrees / Diplomas and their relevant Certificates and contact details of three Referees, and a day time telephone contact trough the below email address: [email protected]ridor-ttfa.org
The Executive Secretary,
Central Corridor Transit Transport Facilitation agency
P. O. Box 2372,
Da es Salaam Tanzania
Applications should be sent ONLINE only through the above email address. Deadline for submission of applications together with relevant attachments is on Friday 15th October 2021 , 16:00 Hours' Local time.
Only applicants who fully meet the requirements and are considered for further assessment will be contacted.