Information Technology Manager
Deadline of this Job:
08 August 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Saturday, July 31, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
To Design, IT systems, policies and procedures, and maintain support hardware infrastructure, and monitor performance of the Baylor-Uganda networks as per best industry practices and in accordance with the Baylor-Uganda ICT Strategy
• Initiate, develop and monitor the implementation of policies and standard operating guidelines for ICT policies pertaining to hardware and network systems in line with Baylor Uganda’s mission and internally acceptable IT standards.
• Develop and monitor the implementation of the IT departmental work plans, procurement plan & budget in line with the financial guidelines and Baylor Uganda’s mission.
• Develop an IT departmental ‘operation strategy based on holistic strategic thinking’ and monitor its implementation through quarterly BSC then prepare consolidated periodic IT departmental performance reports in line with IT policies and various.
• Carry out periodic audit for ‘IT systems inclusive of the public folder and various user’s systems’ to review the reliability and integrity of related e-information & e-activities then make appropriate recommendations to curb the risks & strengthen the related controls in line with the Baylor Uganda’s mission.
• Periodically carry out Baylor-Uganda website auditing to review the reliability and integrity of the availed information & website activities, monitor the implementation of controls for website updates then make appropriate recommendations to curb the risks & strengthen the related controls in line with the Baylor Uganda’s website policy.
• Develop and monitor the implementation of an IT business continuity plan which includes backup strategies, and disaster recovery plans then give periodic updates to the user departments to enhance their engagement in line with Baylor Uganda mandate.
• Review and monitor the implementation of HR support activities to enhance a competent & motivated team of ‘IT staff’ in accordance with Baylor Uganda human resources manual.
• Develop and monitor the implementation of guidelines on ‘WAN/LAN hardware and software’ network design, usage, and security oriented administration aimed at certifying that network performance, level of availability and access controls in line with the Baylor- Uganda ICT policy
• Develop and monitor the implementation of ICT fixed assets management procedures inclusive of maintenance of accurate records of all assets and inventories in all Baylor- Uganda supported regions in line with Baylor Uganda Operational and financial guidelines.
• Develop and monitor a system for timely response to user concerns/queries in relation to the IT help desk then periodically develop and implement a staff IT capacity building plan based on the identified consistent knowledge gaps which depict weakness in a system or procedures in line with the Baylor-Uganda ICT policy
Required Qualification, Experience and Competencies:
• Master’s in any managerial course (i.e. an IT or systems masters is an added advantage) with Degree in Computer Science or IT majoring in programming or Business Computing majoring in programming, and professional qualifications in CCNA, Microsoft MCSE, MCP, MCSA, MCDBA, CWNA, and CCIP and other relevant qualifications.
• five (5) years of experience in IT and 3 years’ experience at managerial level in terms of IT and system management
• Ability to conduct an IT Planning, policy and Feasibility study; demonstrate Skills in system installation & management; Network design, management and security; Network Monitoring; Support & service Delivery and skills in documentation & information management skills
• 5 Years Relevant Experience
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Applications should include a cover letter, CV, daytime telephone contact, three traceable professional references and certified UNEB certificates as well as certified University Transcripts
You must have at least a credit 6 in MATHEMATICS and ENGLISH at Ordinary Level (UCE). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We look forward to hearing from you! Please apply directly using the apply button below. In case you have any further questions about the role, contact us on [email protected]