Job Title: Project Officer – ICWEA Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: International Community of Women living with HIV Eastern Africa (ICWEA)
Job Location: Field Position (South Western Uganda, Hoima Region; Kyankwanzi Region)
Reports to: Project Coordinator
International Community of Women living with HIV Eastern Africa (ICWEA) Profile:
The International Community of Women living with HIV Eastern Africa is a regional advocacy network and membership based organisation.ICW Eastern Africa is run by and for HIV positive women. Our advocacy is based on evidence of our daily lived experiences to influence policies and programmes. We use participatory processes to ensure our work addresses the priorities of women living with HIV, including young women, from the grassroots.
To coordinate, track, implement and report project activities to ensure their effective and efficient implementation;
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To implement all TASO/GF related activities in the respective regions for achieving maximum project results/outcomes;
- Ensuring that the project adheres to the necessary national level frameworks and donor related guidelines and that all documentation is appropriately maintained;
- Organize, attend and participate in stakeholder meetings; and ensure that stakeholder views are well documented and inform continuous project improvement;
- Organise and participate in meetings and engagements by PLHIV, KVPs and TB network and organisations
- Maintain and monitor project plans, project schedules, work hours, budgets and expenditures; including ensuring that project deadlines are met;
- Develop written reports and advocacy bulletins, and documenting case studies and best practices;
- Documentation of best practices and follow up on important actions and decisions relating to the Project;
- Assess project risks/challenges, issues and recommend and or implement mitigation measures where applicable;
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science, Development Studies, Project Management and Planning or any related field from a recognized University or Institution;
- At least 3 years’ demonstrated experience on programming especially in the area of HIV&AIDS and TB in an NGO Setting.
- Knowledge of Global Fund, its funding cycles and operations (including Country Coordinating Mechanisms);
- Technical knowledge of HIV&AIDS, TB, Malaria, SRHR, and working with people living with HIV, key and vulnerable populations and people affected by TB;
- Clear understanding of the national and international legislations, policies and practices on HIV&AIDS, TB, Malaria and SRHR;
- Extensive knowledge in community work – particularly working with networks PLHIV; KVPs and people affected by malaria and TB;
- Extensive knowledge of human rights and Gender;
- Knowledge of district decentralized structures and operations; and
- A keen sense of understanding of community mobilisation and participatory processes, advocacy and campaigning.
Skills and Competences
- Experience in program implementation and Management
- Experience in developing curricula and other capacity building tools;
- Experience in accountability mechanisms for example the score card;
- Excellent writing and communication skills;
- Excellent knowledge in research methods and good research skills.
- Ethical issues in data management
- Human Rights and Gender programming and considerations
- ICT Skills
- Data management Skills
- Communication Skills
- Community mobilization skills
- Analytical Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Computer Skills (especially Statistical and database packages, and programming)
- Report Writing Skills
How To Apply for ICWEA Uganda Jobs 2021
Please only submit your application if it meets the above criteria. Female candidates and women living with HIV are encouraged to apply.
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Send all your applications to: [email protected]
Or delivered to: International Community of Women living with HIV Eastern Africa
Plot 1106, Ssenge – Kawanda Road, Off Kayunga
Kampala – Hoima Road, P.O.BOX 32252, Kampala, Uganda
Deadline: 21st May 2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.