Business Function: Human Resources
Reports to: Human Resources Manager
Our Client comprises a portfolio of businesses focused on structural growth markets. The business helps individuals to de-risk their lives and deal with their biggest financial concerns through life insurance. One of the longest standing and most successful global insurers in the world with over 20 million life customers, +24,000 employees, and £56billion of assets under management as of 30th June 2019, They have been providing financial security to customers since 1848 and it’s one of the oldest insurers in the world, with 171 continuous years of providing financial services.
The Client provides protection and savings opportunities to customers, social and economic benefits to the communities in which it operates, jobs and opportunities to its employees, and financial benefits for its investors. By offering security, pooling savings, and making investments, they help maintain the growth cycle. The company’s strategy is designed to create sustainable economic value for its customers and shareholders.
The company continues to develop its businesses in new markets in Africa, building on the success of its other regional models, particularly in Asia. Currently, the company has a footprint in eight countries: Uganda, Kenya, Zambia, Ghana, Nigeria, Cameroon, Cote d’ Ivoire, and Togo.
Job Scope :
Reporting to the HR manager, the HR Officer will under guidance be responsible for identifying development and implementing learning and development programs for the company employees,
He /She will work with management to create and update HR guidelines, processes, and procedures, facilitate the recruitment of a select group of employees. He/she will be a team player, commercially focused, possess energy and enthusiasm to motivate and engage others, and should have a high level of integrity and approachability skills.
Learning & Developmen t
• Identifying and summarizing the training needs identified through the performance of the management process or other business processes for management information and decision making.
• Develop HR training and development strategies with line managers by considering immediate and long-term requirements.
• Planning, directing, and delivering training and development programs including staff inductions to accomplish the organization's goals.
• Develop individual training programs that meet the skills gap identified through training needs assessments.
• Design and implement appropriate e-learning strategies.
• Analyse training needs in conjunction with line managers.
• Create and execute learning strategies and programs.
• Evaluate individual and organizational development needs.
• Implement various learning methods.
• Assess the success of development plans and helps employees make the most of learning opportunities.
• To support line managers, develop their team members through career pathing.
• To participate in the performance management process by providing the requisite employee data, actual reviews, and implementation of performance outcomes
• To maintain a manual register for new staff and ensure that the staff is appraised of the dates that probationary review falls due and ensure that the probation report is completed and filed within HR and that subsequently, HR has given a formal confirmation letter, an extension of probation or termination of probationary service whichever is applicable.
Operations & Service Delivery
• To participate in regular review and update of the departmental policies, processes, and procedures to ensure that they are in tandem with the company's standards and HR Best practices
• To partner with the HR manager to document HR guidelines, processes, and procedures
• To develop standard user templates to support the seamless implementation of HR policies, processes, and procedures.
HR Metrics, Reporting & Analytics
• To prepare timely HR reports within the scope of work including but not limited to, staffing levels, gender parity, diversity& inclusion, and staff distribution.
• To support in the recruitment process of the company
• To identify training needs and gaps for selected candidates and design programs for them
Core Competences Required:
• Stakeholder relationship management skills
• Understanding of the Uganda labor market
• Excellent communication (both verbal and written), organization, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and activities.
• Ability to successfully work in a high-activity, fast-paced environment.
• Quick response time to employees’ inquiries
• Ability to facilitate conflict resolution and diplomatically diffuse situations.
• Ability to handle confidential information and sensitive situations considerately.
• A reasonable level of industry knowledge about the current HR compensation & benefits trends
• Ability to proactively network with colleagues in the industry
• University degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or equivalent from a recognized University
• At least 3 years working experience in a similar field of employee learning and development Management experience will be an added advantage.
• Capacity to draw and implement basic HR structures, processes, and procedures.
• Member of the Institute of Human Resource Management of Uganda or its equivalent will be an added advantage.
• Current knowledge of effective learning and development methods
• Experience in project management and budgeting
• Experience in designing e-learning courses and managing budgets is an added advantage.
All applications will be received and Reviewed through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Now ' section