– GIZ Uganda Jobs 2021 Junior Technical Advisor Sport for Development Programme (Athletics forDevelopment in Uganda)
Organization: GIZ Uganda
Job Location: Kampala
GIZ Uganda Profile:
German Development Cooperation intensively uses the opportunities and the potential offered by ‘Sport for Development’ (S4D). The GIZ Sector Programme ‘Sport for Development’ on behalf of the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development conceptualise and coordinates projects integrating sport into German
development cooperation in various countries and thematic contexts. The GIZ Sector Programme does not promote sport in order to train better and promote more successful athletes – rather it utilises sport as a transmitter and door opener to promote awareness and dialogue on development topics, reaching out to and empowering particularly children and young people. Sport allows children and young people to lead healthy lives, and it teaches them to take on responsibility, behave fairly and resolve conflict peacefully. These are key skills that will later help them gain a foothold in the working world.
German development cooperation and its partners train coaches and teachers for this purpose. They are S4D multipliers and role models the young people can trust. The coaches give the children and young people a stronger sense of self-esteem and help them to develop prospects for the future. They combine fun and play with the teaching of life skills and values. Sport is not just physical exercise; it is part of their education. Together with local and international partners from the fields of policymaking, civil society, business and academia, German development cooperation has built up a sustainable sport portfolio that also helps strengthen civil society and promote democracy.
In cooperation with the German Olympic Sports Confederation (DOSB), the German Athletics Association (DLV) and the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) the GIZ sector program S4D aims at establishing a joint project with the Ministry of Education and Sports (MoES) in Uganda using a “play and learn” teaching method of athletics in order to promote development goals in Uganda. The already existing Kids’ Athletics concept (IAAF) will be extended with specific development topics and objectives. It is also the aim to train local multipliers in S4D in using the adapted athletics concept within their respective organisations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Junior Technical Advisor will be in charge of:
- Supporting the S4D programme in Uganda.
- Provide support to partner organizations, supporting the management of the Training and Resources Network (T&RN) for A4D in Uganda, the implementation of training workshops and publicity events in Uganda.
- Support in the implementation of the daily operational aspects of all issues related to the project.
- Coordination of the Training and Resources Network for A4D in Uganda:
- Supporting the formalization of the T&RN for A4D in Uganda, which has been in principal, agreed by representatives of 24 organisations.
Implementation of the overall project’s activities:
- Organising and conducting in conjunction with DOSB, UOC and UPC training of trainer’s (ToT) workshops.
- Organising and conducting in conjunction with DOSB, UOC and UPC publicity events to popularise the A4D approach.
- Organising and conducting in conjunction with DOSB, UOC and UPC training workshops for specific target groups.
- Coordinating the monitoring and evaluation of the pilot phase of the A4D programme
- Supporting to prepare the monitoring and evaluation of the development and implementation of the project’s activities in conjunction with the programme management in Germany.
- Organising and facilitating individual aspects of the monitoring and evaluation in Uganda.
- Documenting the monitoring and evaluation process.
Other Duties/Additional Tasks:
- Ensures knowledge transfer to project/programme information.
- Draws up reports and presentation documents.
- Helping to prepare appropriate input for various project/programme reports including annual reports and contributes to the other reports required by the GIZ Head Office.
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management
Minimum Qualifications for GIZ Uganda Jobs 2021
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field.
- A masters in Bussiness Administration is an added advantage.
- At least 3 years of professional experience in a similar position.
- Experience in communications and Public Relations.
Knowledge, Skills & Competences
Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer
applications (e.g. MS Office).
- Strong managerial and organisational competence.
- Willingness to travel to remote areas of the country regularly.
Very good oral and written communication abilities in English language. Knowledge and ideally a knowledge of
How To Apply for GIZ Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and qualified persons are strongly encouraged to apply by email to [email protected] . Applications and CVs should be in one document and a maximum of 5 pages only. Please include the names and contacts of three references in the CVs. Please quote the position and reference number in the subject line. This is a national position. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 13th June 2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise .