Job Title: – GIZ Uganda Jobs 2021 Junior Technical Advisor (Energy Solutions for Displacement Settings)
Organization: GIZ Uganda
Job Location: Kampala
GIZ Uganda Profile:
Energy Solutions for Displacement Settings (ESDS) is a component of the global programme “Support to UNHCR in the implementation of the Global Compact on Refugees in the Humanitarian-Development-Peace Nexus”, funded by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
ESDS Uganda under the Promotion of Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Programme (GIZ PREEEP), cooperates closely with the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development (MEMD), the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), and the Office of the Prime Minister (OPM) to improve framework conditions for sustainable access to energy for refugees and host communities, develop private sector models for the solarization of UNHCR infrastructure and provide access to modern energy services and products to Ugandan and refugee households, enterprises and social institutions through market development for quality solar and cooking products and services.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Junior Technical Advisor will be in charge of:
- Supporting the ESDS team with the implementation of activities that contribute to sustainable energy access for households, social institutions and micro, small and medium size enterprises in refugee settlements and host communities.
The Junior Technical Advisor performs the following tasks:
In close collaboration with ESDS Technical Expert based in Arua City:
- Plan, implement, monitor, and report on ESDS project activities primarily focusing on market-based access to energy.
Plan, prepare and conduct or support trainings with community groups, representatives of social institutions and
individual users of energy for business purposes.
Support needs and capacity assessments, including user-centered engagements, also contribute to market feasibility
studies and/or value chain assessments.
Provide high quality support to services and works of consultants, partners and other contractors and support the
implementation of their activities including community mobilization and organization of courtesy calls and meetings as applicable.
- Support monitoring of services and works of consultants, contractors, and other partners.
Support the development of concepts and reports, MoUs, awareness materials, communication materials, and other
- Support the preparation of workshops and events.
- Support internal and external monitoring and evaluation surveys including missions.
- Coordinate with UNHCR, the Prime Minister’s Office, implementing and operational partners in the refugee response and other relevant actors.
- Contribute to reporting including of lessons learnt and best practices considering gender, age, and diversity.
- Represent ESDS, in GIZ internal working groups and in external sector meetings, networks and consultations as assigned.
Other Duties/Additional Tasks
File project documents including into digital databases such as GIZ specific database, results-based monitoring
database of the overall global programme among others.
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management
Minimum Qualifications for GIZ Uganda Jobs 2021
- At least 2 years of professional experience in the implementation of energy-related projects.
- At least 2 years of professional experience in refugee response programming.
- Understanding of and practical experience in supporting community groups and individuals in business development and management, linkages to markets and networks/associations, and financial inclusion.
Ability to network, build and maintain professional relationships with government, UN agencies, humanitarian and
development partners and private stakeholders in complex multi-stakeholder environments.
Familiarity with project cycle management, especially planning and implementation of activities, monitoring and
Knowledge, Skills & Competences
- Excellent oral and written English language skills.
Good oral and written skills of one or more local languages such as Lugbara, Madi, and/or Arabic is an added
- Strong organizational and administrative competence.
- High level of integrity.
- Highly motivated to work in a multicultural and inter-disciplinary team.
- Highly motivated to work with tight timelines.
- Willingness to travel to project sites within Northern Uganda.
- Ability to meet commitments, observing deadlines, and achieve results.
- Excellent facilitation, training, presentation, and communication skills.
How To Apply for GIZ Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and qualified persons are strongly encouraged to apply by email to [email protected] . Applications and CVs should be in one document and a maximum of 5 pages only. Please include the names and contacts of three references in the CVs. Please quote the position and reference number in the subject line. This is a national position. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 13th June 2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise .