Job Title: 2 Programme Assistants (Responsible Fisheries Business Chains Project) – GIZ Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: GIZ Uganda
Job Location: Kampala
Ref. No: GIZ – RFBCP/PA/082156
GIZ Uganda Profile:
Responsible Fisheries Business Chains Project (RFBCP) is implemented by Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). It is part of the Global Program on Sustainable Fishery and Aquaculture and funded under the special initiative “One World-No Hunger” of the BMZ. The RFBCP works with partners such as the Lake Victoria Fisheries Organization (LVFO) and the Ugandan Directorate of Fisheries Resources (DiFR) to achieve its overall objective which is; to ensure food security and to reduce poverty by increasing ?sh supply and income in Uganda and East Africa. The RFBCP targets artisanal ?shers, processors and traders as well as small to medium sized enterprises in the ?shery sector. The project assists existing actors in the ?sheries sector to implement already planned activities
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Programme Assistants are responsible for:
- Assists in the supervision of the timely, e?cient planning, implementation and monitoring of RFBCP activities.
- Coordination of partners, programmatic activities, timely and quality reporting.
The Programme Assistants will perform the following tasks:
- Management and coordination
- Planning, coordination and implementation of project activities.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly, annual work plans and budgets, including milestones.
- Implementation of activities as indicated in work plans.
- Preparation of concept papers, technical documents and presentations. Preparation of detailed budgets for project activities and supervision/control of the timely provision of funds, materials and services for the implementation of project activities
- Backstopping / advising of partners and grantees on technical issues
- Provision of technical inputs and facilitation of meetings with project partners.
- Monitoring and evaluation of partners activities.
- Writing of reports and project documentation.
- Local, regional/national coordination meetings with government and development partners.
- Identifying the needs for assistance and funding of partner institutions and NGOs.
- Contributes knowledge, ideas, feedback and lessons learned to the programme team for continuous learning, improvement and innovation.
Communication and networking
- Develops and maintains contact with all important stakeholders.
- Provides technical assistance to local and international experts engaged by RFBCP.
- Ensures knowledge management by collecting, processing and distributing relevant information.
- Promotes and represents the programme, its activities and the organisation in relevant fora.
Other Duties/ Additional Tasks
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management.
Minimum Qualifications for GIZ Uganda Jobs 2021
- Bachelor’s degree in Development Studies, Economics, Project Management, Social Sciences or other relevant areas.
Details of experience
- At least 2 years relevant professional experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Competences
- Strong communication and report writing skills.
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS O?ce). Flexibility in carrying out assigned tasks.
How To Apply for GIZ Uganda Jobs 2021
All Interested and qualified persons are strongly encouraged to apply by email to [email protected] Applications and CVs should be in one Document and a maximum of 5 pages only. Please include the name and contact of three references in the CVs. Please quote the position and reference number in the subject line. Please note. This is a national position, Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 9th September 2021 at 5:00 pm
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise .