Fundraising and Partnership Coordinator
Jobs at:Ayuda en Acción
Deadline of this Job:
02 June 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, May 20, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Ayuda en Acción is an organization with an international presence that, from a global commitment, has been fighting against poverty, inequality and exclusion since its birth in 1981. Our scope of action is developed in Africa, Latin America, Asia, and from 2013 also in Spain, in those territories and populations with greater vulnerability and less access to opportunities to exercise their rights with equality and equity. A non-denominational, non-partisan organisation committed to the values that stem from respect for Human Rights and that believes in the need to generate changes that make social justice possible, by addressing the causes that generate inequality of opportunities, social exclusion and poverty. A supportive community of exchange of values and capabilities, based on dignity, equality and mutual respect, which includes more than 120,000 people, a large number of companies and diverse collaborators, whose solidarity reaches around 2,500,000 people with whom we work together to improve their lives.
Objectives of the Position
The Fundraising and Partnership coordinator will support the overall country grant acquisition, partnership and management strategy and lead the development and realization of the resource mobilization strategy in the country in close collaboration with the Country Director.
• Support the development and implementation of the Country fund raising strategy by actively participating in the preparation of the country office plans and budgets to ensure conformity with the country strategic plan and organizational grant acquisition guidelines.
• Effectively communicate the organization’s strategies, cultivating and managing donor/partner relationships, and providing opportunities for cooperation, networking, alliance-building.
• Identify and analyze funding opportunities originating in country and scope potential partnerships to complement and strengthen the country office’s program portfolio.
• Coordinate and lead market study, donor mapping and country office plan to ensure strong fundraising pipeline.
• Gather relevant and timely intelligence information necessary for grant acquisition; identify grant opportunities and relevant institutional guidance materials to share with relevant departments.
• Lead in proposal writing and support with budgeting in compliance with the donor and institutional requirements.
• Ensure adequate staffing and cost recovery is included in grant budgets and reviewed on a regular basis to ensure the right resources are available to deliver quality programs.
• Ensure quality proposal development in compliance with donor requirements and institutional policy, procedures, and practices.
Partnerships, Networking and Positioning
• According to the priorities of the Country’s Fundraising Strategy, take the lead in activities related to networking and positioning before donors. This means, inter alia, approaching donors, organizing meetings or events to make Ayuda En Accion known amongst the donor community and build a network of contacts for the organization
• Identify key stakeholders and networks relevant to priority pipeline opportunities for effective prepositioning.
• Support the country office/country director to engage in strategic partnerships with civil society, INGOs, UN and government entities as appropriate, to maximize the use of our resources for the implementation of quality programs.
Knowledge management and Information generation
• Ensure that the Country Program produces relevant information that serves the purpose of positioning the organization before donors and influencing their programming and funding decisions.
• Lead the management of the pipeline and knowledge database to ensure information is shared among field program and other concerned staff, to capture new opportunities and track the ongoing fundraising.
• Develop and maintain knowledge management system for tracking fundraising opportunities including maintaining a repository of proposal development templates, pre-award tools, program concepts, capacity statements, proposal templates, pricing tables etc.
Job offer conditions
• Immediate incorporation.
• Full-time job.
• Work Center: based in Kampala
• Remuneration in accordance with the Ayuda en Acción remuneration policy.
Skills, qualification, and experience
• At least 7-10 years’ experience in Business Development and/or grant acquisition and management preferable in an International development or humanitarian organization.
• Demonstrated experience in fundraising and donor’s expectation management.
• Familiar with the fundraising environment with proven knowledge of consortiums, partnerships, and related national applicable legal rules and regulations.
• Demonstrable proposal writing and budgeting competencies with evidence of successful awards in the past 5 years from major donors.
Qualities and key skills
• English (fluent)
• High skills in office software (Excel, Power Point, Word, etc.);
• High presentation and public speaking skills
• Fundraising strategy, documentation, and donor profiling etc.
• Availability to travel to rural areas;
• Flexible working hours.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Job application procedure
Please click here to apply.