Job Title: Internal Controls Officer – FINCA Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: FINCA Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Internal Controls Manager
FINCA Uganda Profile:
FINCA Uganda is a subsidiary of FINCA Microfinance Holding Company LLC (FMH) and part of a network of 20 microfinance institutions and banks that provide socially responsible financial services that enable low–income individuals and communities to invest in the future. FINCA Uganda currently offers loans, savings and money transfer services in Uganda – one of the most competitive and dynamic microfinance markets in the world. FINCA Uganda is looking for dynamic persons to join our team of professionals to help better serve our clients.
The Internal Controls Officer is responsible for the identification of all aspects of non-compliance with the internal policies and procedures in the implementation of the products and making recommendations for improvement. She/He will provide and ensure continued compliance to internally set guidelines through good policies in place, well-implemented policies, adequate training of staff and sound organizational structure.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Conducting and monitoring reviews/visits to all branches
- Reviewing the lending/Credit and Banking processes to ascertain the level of compliance to the set policies and in conformity with consumer guidelines as per the compliance plan
- Reviewing all banking processes in compliance with set policies and procedures and report any anomalies to the Internal Controls Manager.
- Monitoring and evaluating procurement and any administrative process in compliance with FINCA Uganda Administrative policy manual.
- Monitoring all Human Resources processes in line the internally set policies and the regulations prescribed by Government.
- Monitoring system access user rights and all IT related processes in line with FINCA Uganda Management Information systems policy guide.
- Reviewing and monitoring any other process that is initiated either as a result of a new product or Service for which FINCA may bring on board.
- Conducting exit interviews with the staff and branch management on the findings of their inspection visit and make agreeable actions for resolving the key finding
- Coaching, Mentoring/Training of staff to address some of the areas to improve quality of staff to minimize breach of policy and procedures
- Monitoring policy implementation and risk of all Banking, credit staff and any other staff member with in the branch
- Participating in the review of policies and procedures
- Fraud detection & prevention
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, training and mentoring skills.
- Excellent report writing skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Able to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks & deadlines.
- Good ability in planning and management.
- Good Judgment and decision-making.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision with a proactive approach.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Possession of demonstrative leadership skills.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or any other business related field. Professional certification in Fraud and Forensics is an added advantage
- 3 years’ experience Internal Controls activities such as Compliance, Risk Management, Internal Audit in a Micro Finance or regulated Financial Institution
How To Apply for FINCA Uganda Jobs 2021
All candidates who so wish to take up this role in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to send their applications with detailed CVs including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates to: [email protected]
Closing Date: 27th August 2021
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.