Job Title: – FINCA Uganda Jobs 2021 Fresher Financial Accountant
Organization: FINCA Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala
FINCA Uganda Profile:
FINCA Uganda is a subsidiary of FINCA Microfinance Holding Company LLC (FMH) and part of a network of 20 microfinance institutions and banks that provide socially responsible financial services that enable low–income individuals and communities to invest in the future. FINCA Uganda currently offers loans, savings and money transfer services in Uganda – one of the most competitive and dynamic microfinance markets in the world. FINCA Uganda is looking for dynamic persons to join our team of professionals to help better serve our clients.
The Financial Accountant is responsible for supervising daily postings into the system, prepare monthly charge-offs, accruals, provisions, tax management, Credit Reference Bureau, payroll processing and fixed assets management.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Ensuring accuracy in the postings made by Accountants and fully supported with corresponding approved; requisitions, receipts, LPOs etc
- Ensuring that all adjustments raised on JVs, Batches are FULLY approved and stamped.
- Supervising the filing process and ensuring proper archiving of old files.
- Ensuring that all the day’s transactions are posted within the stipulated approval limits.
- Reviewing daily the cheque register and ‘Payment on Accounts’ register – sign-off at close of day
- Ensuring proper management and safe custody of the company’s cheque books and Department Stamp
- Guiding Branch Accountants in effective management of Batches (Signing, filing and archiving).
- Ensuring monthly charge-offs of all prepayments and sufficient provisions for all accrued expenses are made before month end.
- Managing all payables and receivables and ensuring that monthly aging schedules are prepared for sign-off.
- Ensuring monthly accrual of loan insurance before month end and timely preparation of the Consolidated Disbursement Report fully reconciled between Orbit and Loan Agreement Balances for payment. (By 5th of every month).
- Overall Management of the Fixed Assets register; Review for accuracy and completeness for FA additions, depreciation and disposals.
- Liaising with Administration to ensure half yearly physical verification of all Fixed Assets.
- Monthly reviewing of the staff payroll and ensuring that all deductions are correctly made including Taxes, shortages and other statutory obligations.
- Ensuring correct and timely posting of staff salaries on to their staff accounts and monthly reconciliation of the payroll to respective General Ledger Accounts (PAYE, NSSF, Staff salaries, LST, Shortages)
- Compiling PAYE, NSSF, LST, W/TAX, Stamp duty returns and submit by 15th of each month.
- Preparing journal entries into the accounting module to take up adjustments, reclassifications, corrections, monthly and yearly accounting transactions upon the approval of the Head of Finance.-
- Facilitating internal and external audits in conformity with FINCA International, Central Bank and other government agency reporting requirements.
- Ensuring timely preparation of all schedules required by auditors
- Preparing financial statements in compliance with laws and regulations that govern SFI and in conformity with IFRSs
- Reconciling and ensuring proper alignment of intercompany transactions with both internal management accounts and agreed with the team at Headquarters
- Supporting the head of finance in preparation of various reports to EXCO and financial presentations to the Board
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Accounting or Finance option). CPA/ACCA qualification is a must
- At least five years of working experience in a reputable organization with at least 2 years banking experience in middle level management in the accounting and finance department.
- Excellent Analytical and comprehension skills
- Problem Solving Skills – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Technical Skills – Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills
- High level of Integrity
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- Good interpersonal Skills
- Planning/Organizing skills
- Quality – Attention to detail and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
How To Apply for FINCA Uganda Jobs 2021
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to send their applications with detailed CVs including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates to: [email protected]
Closing Date: 11th June 2021
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.