Environment/Ecological Compliance Officer
Jobs at:SeaOwl Energy Services
Deadline of this Job:
15 May 2022
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, May 09, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
SeaOwl Energy Services is a specialist provider of integrated services and project management solutions within the Energy and Renewables industries.
We provide global workforce solutions to the Construction, Energy, Extractives, Logistics, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. SeaOwl Energy Services offers a full range of staffing solutions, including: Contract;
Recruitment Services; Managed Solutions; and Consultancy/Contingent Work
On behalf of our Client in the Extractives sector, we are looking for competent individual(s) to fill the following position:
Job Title: Environment/Ecological Compliance Officer
Context and Environment
The job holder will be based in the field on a rotational basis. Post holder responsible for site specific environmental compliance monitoring and reporting and assistance with implementation of company H3SE MS throughout project execution including enabling infrastructure works, the main construction campaigns, third party activities (including waste management, water management, construction materials management etc) for both Tilenga and Tilenga Feeder pipeline. Particular focus shall be on areas of sensitivity including MFNP, Ramsar Site, Lake Albert shoreline, activities within Wetlands, near forests and protected areas. The Job Holder will assist the Company in implementing the activities in accordance with ESMPs, International Corporation (IFC) Performance Standards.
• Undertake environmental compliance activities as per H3SE MS, project procedures and site-specific compliance requirements as appropriate and in collaboration with EBFOs, Environment & Biodiversity Team, RSES, site construction teams, contractors and sub-contractors
• Ensure pre, during and post construction activities and appropriate monitoring are being undertaken in accordance with relevant documentation i.e., relevant Environment & Social Management Plans,
Supporting Management Plans and contractor specific procedures
• Identify non-compliances and provide feedback via formal process on any negative impacts and communicate these to EBFS and Kampala office.
• Provide advice, guidance and support to contractor teams on site throughout performance of the work to ensure effective management of impacts
• Provide feedback regarding adaptive management to project teams and that of project contractors
• Be up to date with local perceptions of Total's environment performance and anticipate risks.
• Coordinate third party inspection activity at site level
• Undertake period inspection, internal audits, and monitoring of on site and off site activities related to project, support findings closure
• Roll out site based environmental training and coordinate emergency response exercises
• Ensure that site documentation related to compliance activities are maintained and up to date
• Ensure collection of site data required for all reporting requirements (including reports to regulators, reports to Group, reports to sites, etc.)
• Participate in incident investigations ensuring effective action identification, follow up and close out
• Ensure that environmental reporting obligations are implemented at site level and ensure close coordination of reporting with Environment and Biodiversity Team based in Kampala.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a scientific, environmental or ecological based discipline
• Minimum 2-5 years’ experience in managing environmental compliance activities for construction projects
• knowledge and understanding of Ugandan Environmental Legislation, ESIA requirements, knowledge of the application of IFC Performance Standards is desired
• Good understanding of HSE MS with focus on ISO14001
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested applicants who meet the criteria as outlined above are encouraged to send a detailed CV ONLY by email to:
Via email: [email protected]
Subject of your email should be the position you are applying for
Do not hesitate to contact us, if you have any questions or need any clarifications
Tel. & WhatsApp: +256 (0) 761 441 554
Deadline for CV submission: Sunday, May 15th, 2022 – 5:00 PM.