Environment & Biodiversity Field Officer (EBFO)
Jobs at:SeaOwl Energy Services
Deadline of this Job:
03 June 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, June 01, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
SeaOwl Energy Services is part of the SeaOwl Group, an international service provider specialized in a wide range of Recruitment, Manpower Contracting & Management, Asset Management, Training, Professional Services and Integrated Services for the Construction, Energy, Extractives, Logistics, Mining and Manufacturing sectors.
On behalf of our Client in the Extractives sector, we are looking for a competent Site Based Environment & Biodiversity Field Officer (EBFO) . The ideal candidate wil be a hard-working professional able to undertake a variety of assigned tasks and work diligently under pressure.
The job holder will be responsible for the following tasks:
• To implement environmental compliance scheduled at site level within the Company and across operations thus enforcing measures to address the risks and minimize/prevent any negative impacts on the Ugandan wildlife and environment.
• To cooperate with partners, local authorities, local communities and relevant organizations in managing environmental compliance and implementing the Biodiversity Strategy and
• related Action Plan (BAP) across all company sites.
• To validate recommendations, commitments and studies from EIA/Environmental Study/Legal Approvals etc. and ensure their coordination and implementation at site level.
• To assist with delivery of training packages on various environmental and biodiversity issues both internal and external.
• To cooperate with other Company Departments located in the field developing new compliance strategies and implementing environmental and biodiversity compliance requirements.
• To assist with the preparation and presentation of materials on environmental compliance and biodiversity management for stakeholder consultation meetings.
• To participate in local awareness and education activities about Environmental and Biodiversity Management with Project teams on site, local authorities and local communities.
• To assist in implementation of work programme for Company-wide ISO14001 Certification.
• To participate in Inspections and Audits to ensure compliance with Environmental Aspects of Company Management Systems. To collect site monitoring data required for all reporting requirements (including reports to regulators, reports to Group, reports to sites).
• To follow up on environmental incidents.
• To assure the visibility of ongoing environmental and biodiversity compliance activities throughout the Company.
• To assist in the preparation of responses to enquiries and claims regarding company
• environmental and biodiversity protection and performance.
• To maintain awareness of and ensure compliance with all relevant Statutory and Company HSE standards.
• To network with the other senior specialists both inside and outside the region in sharing best practices and lessons learned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science or related disciplines as a minimum.
• 2-5 years’ experience in managing environmental compliance, wildlife management and implementation of biodiversity projects in an operational environment (preferably oil and gas or other similar industry).
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of Ugandan Environmental Legislation and IFC Performance Standards.
• Good understanding of ISO14001 EMS, preferably with experience of system auditing and implementation.
• Excellent communication skills with a proven ability to develop and maintain good relations with a wide range of Stakeholders including local communities, industry, NGOs and other International Organizations.
• Proven ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
• Negotiation, conflict management skills.
• Computer skills (Microsoft Word, Office, Excel, PowerPoint, etc)
• Good report writing and analytical skills.
• Fluency in English (written and spoken), and local languages preferable.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates who meet the criteria as outlined above are encouraged to send their detailed CV ONLY by email to:
Via email: [email protected]
Tel. & WhatsApp: +256 (0) 793 441 554
Subject of your email should be the position you are applying for
Do not hesitate to contact us, if you have any questions or need any clarifications
Deadline for CV submission: 03rd June, 2021 – 09:00 Hrs