Director Of Operations (Re-Advertised)
Closing date 31 May 2021
The African Initiatives for Relief and Development (AIRD) works with several donors and partners to provide some of the much needed humanitarian services. The services AIRD provides include; Refugee and Non Food Items (NFIs) transportation, Construction, Infrastructure & Rehabilitation, Fleet Management, Workshop Management, Warehouse Management, Fuel Management, Water Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH). Our desire is to do even more for Persons of Concern (PoCs) by growing our activities and capacity in the areas of livelihoods, WASH and environmental interventions.
· At least 4-7 years practical experience in humanitarian response
· Minimum bachelor’s degree and/or post graduate degree in Economics
· Familiarity with the humanitarian reform process
· Proven skills in networking and relationship building
· Seven years of relevant experience managing people and complex projects in developing counties; Experience working in Africa preferable.
Strong leadership and team building skills with the ability to set and communicate vision and strategy.
Ability to work collaboratively with a range of people at all levels, including those from host country governmental and non-governmental organizations, and other counterparts, clients, donors (in particular UNHCR experience) and staff.