Job Title: Fresher Infrastructure Administrator – DFCU Bank Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: DFCU Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager Infrastructure Services
DFCU Bank Profile:
dfcu Bank is a fast-growing Bank in Uganda offering a wide range of financial solutions to its chosen market segments. We are seeking to recruit a Credit Control Officer in our Chief Operating Officer to support our expansion strategy.
Reporting to the Manager- Infrastructure Services, the role holder will be responsible for ongoing administration and support of all Infrastructure systems including Databases, Operating Systems, Networks, and all IT hardware.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Support availability of Business Applications and Continuity/DR setup.
- Advisory, support and controlled deployment of new Infrastructure Technologies.
- Implement effective infrastructure technology maintenance routines.
- Provide the necessary support to assure the security of data in storage, transition, and processing.
- Support the day-to-day operations of the bank users and customers.
- Infrastructure capacity planning and management.
- Ensure high availability for all infrastructure services.
- Develop and support quality, reliable, sustainable, and resilient infrastructure.
- Secure Infrastructure deployments.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, IT, Engineering, or other relevant field from a reputable university.
- Certification in either one or more of the following: Microsoft Active Directory, CISCO Systems certification(s), Oracle Systems, Virtual Server Technologies (e.g. VMWARE), A+.
- ITIL Foundation training.
- 2-4 years technical experience supporting Enterprise Infrastructure systems in medium to large organizations.
- Experience with multiple storage and backup subsystems.
- Experience with virtual infrastructures e.g. VMWARE, Hyper-V, etc.
- Broad knowledge of ICT Infrastructure Management and Control Techniques.
- An understanding of operating systems, data communications, networking, databases, hardware (PC/Hardware), system applications, and various technologies and systems and their integration with Computer Systems.
- Working experience with Internet technologies, IP technologies, Network devices and equipment (e.g. Routers, switches, hubs, and firewalls).
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve network problems, install, and operate network-monitoring tools and maintain network documentation.
- Ability to generate, read, interpret Networking design and diagrams.
- Experience in a WAN /LAN environment, which must include configuring switches, routers, and firewalls.
- Network Performance Tuning, Network Design, and Implementation, Problem Solving, Strategic Planning, Multi-tasking, Quality Focus, Coordination, Technical Understanding, Quick Study and Technical Zeal.
- Ability to understand and/or operate multiple infrastructure technologies e.g. CISCO, Linux, UNIX, Oracle, VMWARE, etc.
- Significant experience in deploying, tuning, and supporting databases (preferably Oracle, PostgreSQL and/or Microsoft SQL).
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and persuasively, interpret documents, understand procedures, write reports and correspondence, speak clearly to third parties and employees.
- Able and willing to solve complex analytical challenges, independently analyze information; and make recommendations based on analysis.
- Self-motivated team player with the ability to adapt and work co-operatively and effectively in different situations and teams to carry out assigned tasks.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude under stress conditions.
- Disposition to share knowledge fully and willingly with other employees in the interest of the organization.
How To Apply for DFCU Bank Uganda Jobs 2021
If you believe you meet the requirements as noted above, please forward your application with a detailed CV including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates (University Transcript, O & A level), to the email address indicated below;
dfcu Bank is committed to give equal opportunities in employment and aims to ensure that it does not discriminate against gender or race. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted through +256 312 300391.
Disclaimer: dfcu Bank does not solicit/accept payment in cash/kind from prospective candidates in exchange for shortlisting or job placement. Any candidate who engages in this kind of transaction is aiding and abetting fraud and will be automatically disqualified.
Closing Date: 24th June 2021
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.