Data Entry Clerk (Cosmetology Field)
Jobs at:Uganda Business and Technical Examinations Board (UBTEB)
Deadline of this Job:
17 December 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, December 10, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Uganda Business and Technical Examinations Board (UBTEB) is a professional National Examinations Board with the mandate to streamline, regulate, coordinate and conduct credible examinations and award Certificates and Diplomas in the Business, Technical and Vocational professions. The Board therefore conducts Business, Technical and Vocational examinations, including Applied Science specialties such as Biological Sciences (Agricultural, Fisheries, Wildlife, Forestry, Bee keeping and other related fields), Physical Sciences Meteorology, Surveys and Land Management, and other related fields), Cooperative, Social Development, Hotel, Catering and Tourism.
UBTEB is committed to conduct quality competence based assessment and examinations with an ultimate goal of enabling the students to access further upward academic progressions and employment in the world of work.
The Board emphasizes; Integrity, Confidentiality, Professionalism, Innovativeness,
Teamwork and networking, Transparency and Accountability as the key guiding principles for building a strong organization.
Uganda Business and Technical Examinations Board (UBTEB) now invites applications from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill the vacant posts in its establishment for Senior Procurement Officer (Re-advertised), Vocational Assessment Officer-Civil & Water Engineering (Re- advertised), Assessment Officer-Leisure & Hospitality (Re-advertised), Data Entry Clerk
(Electronics), Data Entry Clerk (Cosmetology).
All applicants should be computer literate. The Board offers an attractive salary and benefits to these positions.
Job Title: Data Entry Clerk (Cosmetology Field)
Ref No: UBTEB/HRM-EXT/005/12/2021
Salary Scale: BTEB 7
Reports to: Senior Examinations Officer, Hospitality, Catering & Culinary Arts
Department: Business, Humanities and Social Sciences
Provide support in Business Education, Social Sciences & Humanities Department.
• Assist at Item writing process and moderation through retrieval of copies of curricula; and compilation of lists for old past papers and their examiners;
• Record all the test items developed and/or moderated;
• Participate in the writing of envelopes;
• Print and photocopy examination papers;
• Assist on the key activities in the printing of examinations like verification of number of examination papers to be packed, folding and stitching, Enveloping, bagging, dropping and loading of examinations material on trucks;
• Assist in the field conduct of examinations through preparation and issuing of appointment letters for examination managers and other examination related materials (timetables, albums, registers, keys) and receiving of field reports;
• Receive, record and capture course work, Industrial Training and Real Projects marks;
• Verification of candidates’ documents, load and save candidate photos and Bio-data from CDs;
• Perform any other tasks assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Qualifications and Working Experience
• A minimum of a Diploma in Cosmetology from a recognized institution;
• A minimum of one (1) year relevant working experience in the world of work.
• A Teaching qualification is an added advantage;
• 20 – 40 years of age at entry.
• Interpersonal skills
• Communication skills
• High level of integrity
• Computer skills
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Three sets of handwritten applications with detailed CVs and photocopies of Academic Certificates, Testimonials, Transcripts and/or Result slips; Three (3) most recent and clear passport size photographs, Names and addresses of two referees, A letter of recommendation from the current or most recent employer, telephone contacts and emails of both the applicant and the referees; should be submitted in sealed envelopes and hand delivered not later than Friday 17th December, 2021 at 3.00p.m to the address indicated below. The Job title and Reference Number should be clearly written on the top left corner of the envelope.
Applications should be addressed to;
The Executive Secretary,
Uganda Business and Technical Examinations Board;
Plot 7 Valley Drive, Ntinda
P. O. Box 1499;
Kampala – Uganda.
Note: Only successful applicants will be contacted.