Jobs at:KCB Bank Uganda
Deadline of this Job:
06 August 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, July 22, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The person manages the lending risk for KCB Bank Uganda corporate, mortgage, SME and personal loans book through analysis of credit applications in accordance with the Bank’s credit policy, FIA guidelines and best practice to achieve quality growth in the asset book in line with the bank’s strategic plans
Credit Department is charged with overseeing the Bank's loan portfolio. The department constitutes of three main units i.e. Credit Analysis, Credit Administration and Collections/Recoveries.
• Quality assessment and prudent decisions on loan applications within lending discretionary limit and/or making recommendations to higher approving authority.
• Compliance with target turnaround time and the agreed Service Level Agreement (SLA).
• Undertake portfolio evaluation and conduct comprehensive studies on the industry and market environment.
• Provide leadership for the credit team reporting to the Head of Credit in view of establishing and maintaining a high performing and motivated team.
• Provide prompt guidance, mentoring, coaching and support on aspects of credit to all credit teams across branch network.
• To grow the good book whilst minimizing risk.
• Provide the lead technical support on development of new and reviewing existing credit products and credit appraisal tools.
• Identify training needs of credit teams in head office and across branch network through branch visits, spot checks and observations and recommend appropriate credit up-skilling.
• Assist the Head of Credit and or Senior Credit Manager on all credit related issues delegated and act in his capacity while he is away.
• Appraise the performance of the head office credit analysts based on their Balanced Score cards.
• Sanction credit applications within delegated lending discretionary authority for KCB Bank Uganda.
• Assess and recommend for approval credit applications above delegated lending discretionary authority.
• Coach and mentor credit analysts within KCBU Head Office
• Monitor quality of approvals for Credit Analysts’ discretion on a sample basis
• Monitor daily work allocation to ensure equitable distribution.
• Monitor pre-approved loan applications pending with business to ensure they are sanctioned within SLA.
• Follow up on reviews (expired & expiring) with the relationship managers/branches.
Skills and Requirements:
For the above position, the successful applicant should meet the following criteria:
• University degree preferably in Economics, Business, Statistics or related business field from a recognized and reputable institution. Professional qualifications in certified credit management is an added advantage.
• Master’s Degree is an Added Advantage.
• Total minimum number of years’ experience required – 6 years. Experience in relationship management, credit analysis and approval, problem loan management.
• Knowledge of Banking Operations/ Credit Processes.
• Good credit underwriting skills.
• General Banking Knowledge
• Analytical and Critical Thinker.
• Self - Drive, Flexibility, Focus and attention to detail.
• Open to New Ideas in a rapidly changing Business Environment
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 72
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If your career ambitions match the requirements of this exciting career opportunity, please visit our website https://ug.kcbgroup.com/about/careers and use the link below to log in to our Recruitment portal to submit your application with a detailed CV. Your cover letter should explain what you believe you can offer KCB Bank Uganda. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To be considered your application must be received by Friday, 6 August 2021.