Job Title: Procurement Specialist – Coca Cola Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Coca-Cola Beverages Uganda
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Procurement Operations Manager
Coca-Cola Beverages Uganda Profile:
Coca-Cola Beverages Africa is the largest African Coca-Cola Bottler, accounting for 40% of all Coca-Cola volumes on the continent. In Uganda, CCBA is represented by Century Bottling Company Limited and Rwenzori Bottling Company Limited.
Job Summary :
The Procurement Specialist is the main point of contact for the internal customer and manages local purchasing requests in collaboration with the sourcing and category management organization and guarantees efficient contract implementation and acceptance on-site, related to one or several sites. Also manages and closes out related procurement queries.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Act as the single point of contact for the Procurement function at a site
- Ensure that procurement policies and procedures are complied with at the Plant level.
- Guarantee efficient use of the purchasing systems by all users providing assistance when necessary.
- Act as a link between the local internal stakeholders, suppliers, and the procurement organization.
Manage local purchase requisitions according to defined strategies and frameworks (mainly for indirect categories)
- Verify purchase request validity, and completeness and ensure correct buying channel utilization. If required, align with internal stakeholders on missing specifications, check e-sourcing feasibility and assign Spot Buyers to work on purchase request execution for POs.
- Upon notice from the helpdesk, resolve queries and issues with purchase requests and purchase orders including issues related to quality, quantity, and price.
- Clarify user requirements relating to free text one-time purchases and obtain approval for one-time vendor purchases. Support end-users with assisted buying including educating the user on buying channels.
- Facilitate, manage and escalate (where appropriate) queries and issues to appropriate stakeholders and interfaces according to collaboration models.
Drive execution of local, low-value purchase requisitions
- Identify and advise customers on possible sourcing changes (supplier/specification) to the more optimum cost-efficient alternatives.
- Identify potential suppliers based on local market insights / through simple Request for Information.
- Request supplier quotes, undertake analysis, and execute negotiations (if commercially viable).
- Select a supplier according to the defined strategy in the category.
- Process purchase order.
- Follow up on purchase orders, resolve Procurement related client/supplier follow-up questions and update Purchase orders.
- Assign suppliers for one-time low-value purchases.
Close/change/modify Purchase Orders related to spot buys
- Manage requisition changes or close PO if no longer needed.
- Manage PO changes: Upon supplier/user request to amend POs, follow up with user/supplier to determine feasibility; change/modify POs if needed. If no resolution can be achieved escalate to team lead and other responsible persons using standard procedures.
- Coordinate local contract implementation tasks with HQ CCBA Procurement Teams and Country Category Managers and internal stakeholders
- Participate and coordinate the execution of the contract implementation plan.
- Prepare and execute training for the end-user.
- Promote the use of HQ CCBA Procurement and CCBSA centralized contracts.
- Lead the phase-out of the old contracts and procedures.
Support strategic sourcing initiatives
- Provide input on local spending situation and category practices.
- Gather local internal customers’ requirements.
- Provide insights on the local supplier market.
- Support local supplier qualification assessment.
- Support the development of the contract implementation plan.
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field of Procurement/Supply Chain /Finance /Engineering.
- Added advantage: CIPS certification.
- At least three years of procurement experience in operational procurement roles within an FMCG environment
- Recognized qualifications in procurement would be considered an asset.
- In-depth knowledge of procurement, preferably working in an international environment will be a benefit.
- Compliance, Governance, and Ethics.
- Stakeholder relationship management.
- Customer Service orientated.
- Networking, Influencing, Negotiating, and Communication Skills.
- Operational and Process excellence.
- Active engagement.
How To Apply for Coca Cola Uganda Jobs 2022:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their CVs and applications online via the link below:
Deadline : 11 th May 2022