United Bank for Africa (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in twenty (20) countries and three (3) global financial centers: London, Paris and New York. UBA has evolved into a Pan-African, provider of banking and related financial services through diverse channels globally. United Bank for Africa Uganda represents
UBA's pioneer country activities in the East and Southern African sub-region. With a growing network of branches and ATMs across the country, the bank continues to expand the retail and commercial playing field in Uganda by delivering unique financial products and solutions.
FUNCTIONALLY REPORTS TO: BOARD AUDIT COMMITTEE
ADMINISTRATIVELY REPORTS TO: MANAGING DIRECTOR/CEO
DUTY STATION: HEAD OFFICE
To review, formulate, design and implement the Bank’s internal audit strategy inline with the Bank’s overall strategy by providing the Audit Committee of the Board and MD with independent assurance on the effectiveness of the Bank’s Audit control, risk Management and governance processes.
KEY RESULT AREAS:
• Develop, cascade and monitor the implementation of internal audit strategy and work plans/Activity plans aligned to the overall bank strategy.
• Train, motivate and manage performance of the Internal audit team to enhance staff productivity through daily supervision of the team’s activities, feedback and provision of leadership in line with the HCM policies
• Plan and coordinate the investigation of fraud and forgeries in Business & service operations, GL Accounts, head office functions, Trial transaction books including complaints from customers and disciplinary issues from staff according to investigation guidelines.
• Plan, schedule and coordinate comprehensive internal audits across the bank (Business, service, Head offices the Branch Network including external customers/vendors) and follow up on closure of audit expectations with Department heads or relevant stakeholders to ensure compliance to internal and external policies.
• Liaise with external governance groups such as external auditors and central Bank supervisors with regard to internal audit issues and promptly close issues.
• Prepare and submit comprehensive risk based internal audit reports to the MD/CEO and Board to ensure effective implementation of the Bank’s statutory and policy mandate and provide advisory support in resolution of Audit issues
• Champion the Department’s compliance to the Internal Audit Charter and other regulatory requirements as well as acting as Bank representative at the Fraud and Forgeries Sub Committee of the Uganda Bankers Association.
• First degree (or equivalent) in Accounting, Banking & Finance or related discipline.
• Professional qualification in accounting e.g. ACA, ACCA with CPA as a MUST
• Postgraduate qualification is added advantage.
• Six (6) years cognate experience, with at least three (3) years in a managerial capacity
All interested staff should send their CV, application letter and copies of academic certificates to
[email protected] addressed to;
Head of Human Capital
United Bank for Africa
Plot 2, Jinja Road
The deadline for application is Friday,20th August 2021