Chief Commercial Officer
Jobs at:FINCA Uganda
Deadline of this Job:
03 September 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, August 23, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Validity period: 23/08/2021 - 04/09/2021
Duty Station: HEAD OFFICE
Position: Chief Commercial Officer
Department: Commercial/ Operations department
Job Title: Chief Commercial Officer
Duty Station: Head Office
Reports to: Managing Director
The Chief Commercial Officer is a member of the EXCO with responsibility over FINCA Uganda’s Branch network including the staffing, product delivery and overseeing procedures related to this.
He/She will be responsible for driving the development and execution of the business growth strategy, working with relevant teams in Operations, Banking Services, Risk and Compliance to ensure that the processes have relevant risk mitigation factors that enable FINCA provide Responsible Banking to its internal and external stakeholders at large.
He /She will also be responsible for ensuring that FINCA Uganda presents characteristics consistent with an ethos that will win stakeholder trust, responding to client needs and remain a key player in utilizing developments in alternate delivery channels to maintain operational efficiency and profitability.
Key duties and responsibilities:
The Chief Commercial Officer will be responsible for the following:
• Strategically developing outreach and expansion plans for branches and coordinating with Credit Manager and EXCO to grow the institution through careful expansion systems and plans.
• Leading the organization’s strategic management function in developing, implementing and evaluating cross-functional decisions relating to business expansion that will enable FINCA Uganda achieve its long-term objectives.
• Participating in the negotiation of the major project initiatives with regards to Branch network expansion, participating in the preparation of the business plans relating to business expansion including new strategic partnerships.
• Responsible for the leadership teams in the Branch Network specifically Regional Managers and Branch Managers and setting annual performance targets considering profitability, quality, and efficiency.
• Planning for the staffing needs, participate in recruitment efforts, and attract the right people in support of growth and outreach plans.
• Identifying, mentoring and developing high potential staff members for future management roles, retaining, motivating and maximizing productivity of staff through effective leadership, mentoring, transparent communication, performance management, and career planning
• Working with the EXCO and branch leadership in establishing targets for effective outreach, instituting performance and monitoring systems, evaluating progress against business plan, budget, best practice and FINCA Uganda standards.
• Providing appropriate appraisals and feedback, ensuring staff are motivated and organized to exceed performance targets, motivating, nurturing and developing staff, identifying and developing potential leaders and management.
• Ensuring that branches comply to internal control and regulatory policies, procedures and systems by reviewing, developing and continually improving policies, systems and processes to comply with lending, security, human resources and other internal and statutory requirements.
• Recommending appropriate changes to policy, procedures, and processes to ensure application of sound credit and risk management.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Desirable: Masters Degree in Business, Finance or Economics
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Business Administration required or equivalent work experience,
• Minimum of 8 years retail or commercial Banking experience with at least 3 years at Management level.
• Experience in developing and implementing strategic/operational plans for financial institutions
• Experience in branch network and expansion strategies
• Excellent organizational, planning, analytical and problem-solving skills
• High level of customer service and strong willingness to work in the field
• Strong business management and negotiation skills
• Experience managing and motivating a large staff
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and training skills,
• Excellent technical report writing skills, proficient knowledge of excel and computer literacy,
• Fluency in regional/local language and English language
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 96
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All candidates who so wish to take up these roles in the aforementioned capacities are encouraged to send their applications with detailed CVs including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates to: [email protected]
Deadline: 3rd September 2021