Boat/Ferry Operator/Coxwain Conservation
Jobs at:Uganda Wildlife Authority Headquarters
Deadline of this Job:
26 March 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, March 19, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA) is a semi-autonomous agency under the Ministry of Tourism, Wildlife and Antiquities. UWA was established in 1996 and is managed in accordance with the Wildlife Act Cap 200. The Mission of UWA is: "To conserve, economically develop and sustainably manage the wildlife and protected areas of Uganda in partnership with neighboring communities and other stakeholders for the benefit of the people of Uganda and the global community. UWA, an equal opportunity employer wishes to recruit a high caliber, self-motivated and result oriented Ugandan nationals to fill the Positions below. .
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To operate marine vessels in safe and effective manner and ensure the safety of passengers on board
Anchor and de-anchor the vessel.
Operate and steer the boat/ferry.
(iii) Ensure safety of passengers, properties and vehicles on board (iv) Keep and maintain records and log books/sheets for all trips. (v) Routine checks of fuel / oil and other working tools.
(iv) Report any observed navigational hazards to immediate supervisor. (viii) Follow safety procedures in order to ensure the protection of passengers, cargo, and vessels. (ix) Issue directions for loading, unloading, and seating in boats. (x) Performing other related duties assigned by a supervisor
• Proven ability to manoeuvre water vessels under different weather conditions Good customer care.
• Age limit: not above 45 years contract duration: four (4) years renewable
PERSONS SPECIFICATIONS QUALIFICATIONS:
• A valid driving permit class
• Should possess an O Level Certificate of Education and a Certificate in Marine operations from a recognized Institution.
• Must have completed six months course in Marine Rescue and swimming, crowd management and passenger safety.
• Should have at least three (3) years in operating and maintaining boats/ferries
Work Hours: 8 12 High School
Job application procedure
Suitable candidates should send their application with a detailed Curriculam Vitae bearing contacts of three (3) competent referees, a daytime telephone contact, copies of academic documents and relevant appointment letters to the address below:
The Executive Director Uganda Wildlife Authority Plot 7 Kira Road Kamwokya P.O. Box 3530, Kampala Uganda
Hand deliver to the Conservation Area nearest to you i.e. Headquarters, Lake Mburo(Minekye), Kidepo Valley(Geremech), Murchison Falls(Mubako), Kibale (Isunga), Queen Elizabeth(Katunguru), Mt. Elgon(Mbale) and Bwindi Mgahinga(Buhoma).
APPLICATION DEADLINE : All applications should reach the address above by 26th March 2021 at 5.00 pm.
The Job Advert can be accessed from the UWA website below; http://www.ugandawildlife.org and UWA notice boards.
Applicants are required to attach valid driving permits and copies of the required academic documents only i.e, (Certficates and Transcripts including O and A level).
2. Academic documents for the successful candidates will be vetted and background checks conducted before they are considered for appointment into the Authority. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please note that any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification. All appointments shall be subject to a probationary period of not less than six months and subsequent confirmation in service will be based on satisfactory performance of the individual