Job Title: 2 Graduate Trainees (Information Technology) – Airtel Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Airtel Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Airtel Uganda Profile
Airtel Uganda Limited is a mobile communications and information technology services provider in Uganda. Uganda’s leading provider of affordable communication products and services; 2G, 3G and 4G wireless voice, data services and mobile commerce through Airtel Mobile Commerce Uganda Limited. Airtel Uganda Limited is a subsidiary of Airtel Africa PLC.
Airtel Mobile Commerce Uganda Limited is a payment service provider licensed by Bank of Uganda. Following the enactment of the National Payment Systems Act, 2020, AMC Uganda took over the provision of Airtel Money Services from Airtel Uganda Ltd. AMC Uganda is licensed and regulated by the Bank of Uganda as a Payment Systems Operator (Electronic Money Systems) and Payment Service Provider. Airtel Mobile Commerce is a subsidiary of Airtel Africa PLC.
About Airtel Graduate Management Training Program:
If you are a Young and Energetic man or woman, you are invited to participate in Airtel Uganda’s Graduate program. Airtel Uganda has a vast array of talent requirements across various professional fields. To drive the youth agenda and respond to the ever growing need for professionalism and specialization, Airtel Uganda has introduced the Graduate Management Training Program with an aim to develop skills, knowledge and confidence among the selected beneficiaries that will transform them into successful and competitive professionals for the job market today.
The Graduate Trainee – Information Technology is an exciting opportunity to take your education beyond the classroom. You will broaden your perspective and learn the organization’s cultures, and build a strong network and develop cross functional skills. You will gain exposure to the variety of IT roles by having meaningful assignments from the start- because nothing beats real-world experience.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Gaining real-life experience working in an IT/IS business environment
- Being given meaningful work assignments and challenging projects where others are relying on you to deliver results
- Learning new relevant technologies
- Working in a supportive, friendly work culture
- Opportunities to share your opinion, ideas, and your learnings with IT business leaders and team members
- Networking with full-time employees and other interns through various planned events and activities that will provide exposure to other facets of the Company outside of IT
- Mentorship with seasoned HR, IT and business executives
- Partnerships with other departments within the Company to gain a greater understanding of various roles in the business
- The ideal candidate for the Airtel Graduate Trainee job placement should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Communications Technology, or Computer Science
- You should have graduated within the last two years or awaiting graduation
- 1st or 2nd class upper degree.
- Faculty recommendations will also be highly considered.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Analytical skills
- Attention to Detail.
- Proactive, Passionate and results oriented.
- Eager to research and develop self
- Understanding of IT Project Management, IT Application Development, IT Networks, Operating Systems
How To Apply for Airtel Uganda Jobs 2021
All candidates who wish to join the Airtel Money Graduate Management Training program should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 25th October 2021