Job Title: Project Officer (Schools2030 Project) – Aga Khan Foundation Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Aga Khan Foundation (AKF)
Duty Station: Uganda
Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) Profile
For nearly 50 years, AKF has been partnering with communities, governments, and local leaders to harness the best from people from all backgrounds to improve the quality of life. The Foundation’s work is rooted in core values of self-reliance, pluralism, and respect for human dignity. AKF is a member of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), one of the world’s leading poverty solutions networks. The AKDN’s integrated approach makes long-term investments, builds permanent institutions, and cultivates an active civil society, impacting tens of millions of people annually in 30 countries. Alongside its sister AKDN agencies, the AKF implements innovative, community-driven solutions that are based on decades of experience, learning and evaluation.
AKF, in partnership with a global consortium of private foundations, is co-launching Schools2030, a 10-year (2020-2030) learning improvement programme. The ten-year initiative is a participatory action research and learning improvement programme in 1000 government schools across the ten countries. Using the principles of Human-Centred Design (HCD) and focusing on the key transition years of ages 5, 8 and 14, Schools2030 seeks to catalyze locally rooted education solutions that can inform systems-level approaches for improving holistic learning outcomes. In Uganda, AKF will partner with 100 school sites to drive classroom-level innovation to enable teacher-generated solutions to identify and inform ‘what works in education for Uganda.
AKF is seeking a dynamic, enthusiastic, and self-motivated individual to lead the direct delivery of AKF’s education work, including Schools2030 activities, in Uganda. Working under the direct supervision of the National Coordinator, Schools2030 the Project Officer will be responsible for the direct delivery and support to schools, contributing to developing positive partnerships with government and non-government stakeholders, and effectively communicating AKF Education and Schools2030. This role will also engage with the Country and Regional Education Teams, the Regional Education and ECD Advisor, and the broader global Schools2030 team. The Project Officer, reports to the National Coordinator, Schools2030
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support the direct delivery of Schools2030 activities with partner pioneer schools and youth partners.
- Activity areas include, but not limited to, school and teacher support, delivering design processes with teachers, school-level data management and use by schools and teachers, school networking, and partnership with local government and Civil Society Organisations
- Collaborate on the development of education programme work plans and budgets.
- Ensure activity reports and financial accountabilities are submitted and contribute to project reporting where needed.
- Ensure all funds are fully accounted for and liquidation is done on time to enable timely reporting.
- Ensure all delivery and processes comply and promote AKF’s gender and social inclusion and child and community safeguarding policies.
- Be an ambassador of the Education Improvement Programme at the district level.
- Engage and coordinate principal partners and stakeholders at the district level to ensure collaborative delivery of project activities.
- Work with education actors to strengthen the education ecosystem connections and networks at the district level.
- Lead on the effective collection and management of data at the school level
- Ensure project learning is effectively communicated through the internal and external feedback loops and that principal partners have access to and understand the learning.
- Effectively engage in internal AKF learning opportunities to develop a professional and technical understanding of education and Human-Centred Design.
- The document, synthesize and share lessons learnt and best practices through design journey, case stories, and learning pieces considering progress made in addressing persistent challenges to enhance learning and scalability of the classroom solutions.
- BA in Education, Social Sciences, Development Studies or related field.
- Proven experience of working in social programming with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience working in education programming, international development, and design thinking
- Strong and practical understanding of the essential design thinking skills and mindsets.
- Experience collaborating with government and non-government partners as well as schools, children, teachers, and young people.
- Strong understanding of the Uganda education system and emerging technologies in the education and development sector.
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation for education programmes with experience in designing data collection tools, data collection methods, analysis and report writing.
- Experience in working independently, under high pressure and fast-moving conditions.
- Strong ICT skills, experience in Microsoft office package and emerging new software including Online and offline applications.
- Excellent community mobilization, facilitation and team-building skills.
- Strong accountability, inter-personal skills and working collaboratively with the internal project team and non-project partners.
- Excellent communication skills in English and the local language
- Strong team player, creative and problem-solving skill.
How To Apply for Aga Khan Foundation Uganda Jobs 2021
Candidates interested in this unique career opportunity with AKF should submit a two-page cover letter and a maximum three-page CV including the names and contact information of three professional referees by 4:30pm on the 29 th April 2021. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Click on the link to apply: www.akdn.org/careers
Deadline: 29th April 2021
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.