2 Program Assistants
Jobs at:National Union of Disabled Persons of Uganda (NUDIPU)
Deadline of this Job:
09 August 2021
Within Uganda , Omoro and Nwoya , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, July 26, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
National Union of Disabled Persons of Uganda (NUDIPU) is an indigenous umbrella NGO of Persons with Disabilities that brings together all disability categories with the vision of ensuring that there is "a Just and Fair society where Persons with Disabilities live a prosperous and Dignified Life". Formed in November 1987. NUDIPU exists to advocate for the rights of Persons with Disabilities in a unified voice for improved livelihoods. NUDIPU is hereby seeking to recruit competent and vibrant Ugandans to fill in the following
Job Title: 2 Program Assistants
Duty Station: Omoro and Nwoya Districts
To support the implementation of the We Are Able Project Activities in line with NUDIPU's Strategic plan and policies to realize the Project goal.
The Program Assistant is responsible for the day-to-day direct implementation of field project activities in line with the approved project work plan, budgets and organizational policies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Project Planning and development
• Support in the planning and development of project activities.
• Develop periodic work plans, budgets and concept notes for activity implementation.
• Make appropriate arrangements and prepare logistics for meetings and trainings from time to time.
• Mobilise Persons with disabilities to participate in NUDIPU & consortium partners and related Project activities while putting into consideration the aspects of gender, age and disability into perspective.
• Preside over We Are Able Project activities in the district and regional including: community & sensitization meetings, impact assessments, networking among others.
• Collect, document and share relevant project information and data in accordance with the project M&E framework and other relevant project frameworks.
• Participate in the preparation of training content and facilitate trainings and sensitization meetings.
• Network with other implementing partners, organizations and stakeholder in the field of and disability empowerment at district level
• Document lessons learnt and success stories to facilitate learning and reflection processes.
• Write and submit activity and quarterly progress
Other tasks and responsibilities
i. Participate in the organisation's key events and represent the organisation in relevant fora at the district level.
ii. Ensure that NUDIPU resources under his/her care are properly deployed and utilised.
iii. Undertake all necessary actions to protect and promote the image and brand of NUDIPU
iv. Carry out own administrative functions including timely filing and maintain timely response to official correspondences and reports.
v. Writing project articles for project visibility and publicity purposes.
• At least 2 years' experience on economic empowerment interventions including VSLAS. Relevant knowledge on national and international legal frameworks that protect and promote the rights of Persons with Disabilities.
• Experience in disability, youth and Gender inclusion in programming, Relevant experience in advocacy for Land rights and food security relating to persons with Disabilities.
• Must have experience of working in the lower local government and ready to work in rural areas of Nwoya and Omoro Districts.
• Applicants should also be fluent in the respective local languages and ready to reside in the project districts.
Minimum of a Bachelor Degree in Development Studies, Social Work and Social Administration, Business Administration or any other related discipline in Humanities. Qualification in Disability Studies is an added advantage.
Technical Skills Proposal writing, Project planning, implementation and monitoring, administrative and coordination skills, project activity report writing, and computer application skills (Excel sheet, MS word and power point.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Qualified candidates should submit their applications, cover letter and detailed CVs including contact addresses of 2 (two) referees through email to [email protected] addressed to the Chief Executive officer, by 9th August 2021 before 5:00pm. For more information, visit our website at https://nudipu.org/careers / Qualifying Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply!