Jobs at:Nkumba University
Deadline of this Job:
27 September 2021
Within Uganda , Entebbe , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, September 13, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Position : University Bursar
Reports to : University Secretary
Salary : Attractive and Negotiable
Age range : At least 35 - 60 years
Terms of Services : 5-Year Contract (renewable)
Duty station : Nkumba University, Entebbe
Key duties and responsibilities
The University Bursar is a Senior member of the Management Team. He/she is the technical officer on Finance matters including matters of income generation, utilization and accountability. The University Bursar has the following responsibilities among others:
• Coordinate the drawing up and management of the University Budget
• Maintain and Present books of Accounts.
• Supervision of staff and management of staff performance in the Finance Department.
• Implementation of Financial and operational management systems.
• Maintaining and updating the University's Asset Register.
• Computing the value of the University's Physical Assets.
• Submit written reports to Management and the Finance Committee.
Education Qualifications and Skills
The applicant should possess the following qualifications from reputable and recognized Institutions:
• Undergraduate Degree in a Finance related field
• Masters Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration (Accounting or Finance Option) and other Finance related fields.
• Full Professional Qualifications in Accounting and Finance
The applicant should exhibit strengths in the following areas:
• Leadership skills
• ICT skills
• Management and administrative skills
• Verbal and written Communication skills
• Interpersonal skills
• Conflict management and Problem-solving skills
• Record keeping and management
The applicant should have demonstrable abilities to undertake the following:
• Book keeping
• Fiduciary Risk management
• Financial planning
• Strategic management
The applicant should possess a minimum experience of at least five years in a Senior Administrative and Managerial position preferably in a large Organization/ Institution.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested persons should address and submit applications to the Office of:
The University Secretary,
P.O.Box 237, Entebbe (U )
Attach to the application, 9 copies of the following:
• Letter expressing interest in the job
• Duly filled application form which can be accessed from www.nkumbauniversity.ac.ug
• Detailed and up to date curriculum vitae.
• Certified copies of Academic certificates and transcripts
• Three sealed letters of reference.
Deadline for submission of applications is 27th September 2021 at 5.00pm . Incomplete applications and applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.