Job Title: Fresher Programme Assistant – Uganda Red Cross Jobs 2021
Organization: Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS)
Duty Station : URCS Headquarters
Reports to: Director Disaster Risk Management
Grade: UR 57
Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) Profile:
Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) is the leading National Humanitarian Organization in Uganda and a member of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
The Programme Assistant Shall deliver on administrative requirements of this project and the department towards an efficient day to day leadership of the projects within the department.
Roles and responsibilities:
- In collaboration with key staff, support programme planning and management.
- Administratively support all programme staff, volunteers and partners.
- Organize meetings, taking minutes and distributing appropriately
- Develop and maintain a documentation system with up to date information for all partners and volunteers.
- Support the process of following up volunteer payments in conjunction with the finance team
- Supporting scheduling of Programme meetings.
- Working closely with Director DRM and Secretary to Office of SG, develop and coordinate plans for DM visitors, working with logistics staff to make the necessary arrangements.
- With guidance from the Director DRM, organize and coordinate all programme events, undertake all necessary documentation/reporting processes relating to these events.
- Develop and maintain a system to manage DRM Programme documents and records.
- Ensures that project communication related to DRM from Secretary General’s Office reaches all concerned parties in DRM.
- Ensure that the DRM office operates efficiently through general administrative and clerical support including scheduling meetings, maintaining contact lists, attending to visitors, concept note follow up and support to project volunteers under DRM.
- Ensure that concept notes and other requisitions are tracked across different departments including finance, and procurements.
- Ensure that official documents and correspondences (memos, letters, forms) in the DRM office are properly produced, sorted, distributed, filed, secured and where appropriate copied, bound and scanned.
- Provide general information and assistance
- Minimum Bachelors’ Degree in Human Resource Management, Social Sciences, Management Sciences or a related field from a reputable institute.
- HR management skills
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Proficient in MS Office
- High level of integrity;
- Office Administration Procedures
- Confidentiality, discretion and Judgment
- Administrative Writing Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Microsoft Office Skills
- Report writing Skills
- Inventory Control
- Verbal Communication
- Office Administration Procedures
- Typing Skills
- Attention to Detail & Accuracy
How To Apply for Uganda Red Cross Jobs 2021
Applications from suitable persons to be considered for appointment in the outlined positions are hereby invited. All applicants should adhere to the Red Cross Principles. URCS is an equal opportunities employer mindful of gender balance in its establishment. You can get the application template from here
Please send your filled application form and attach your academic transcripts and certificates. The filled application forms and academic transcripts and certificates can be e-mailed to; [email protected] or hand delivered, and or by post to:
The Secretary General,
Uganda Red Cross Society,
Plot 551/555 Rubaga Road,
P.O. Box 494, Kampala, Uganda.
Email: [email protected]
Due to large volumes of applications; only short listed candidates shall be contacted. Canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Closing Date: 24th May 2021 at 5:00 pm
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise .