Job Title: Program Officer (Cash Transfer) – Uganda Red Cross Jobs 2021
Organization: Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS)
Duty Station : URCS Headquarters
Reports to: Director Disaster Risk Management
Grade: UR 5
Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) Profile:
Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) is the leading National Humanitarian Organization in Uganda and a member of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
The Program Officer Cash Transfer will be responsible to ensure the project has achieved its intended objective by working directly in coordinating Uganda Cash Consortium activities at Kampala level and in the five (5) refugee settlements of Nakivale, Kyaka, Kyangwali, Imvepi and Rhino camp. She/he will be responsible for coordinating with other consortium partners regarding multipurpose cash transfer activities as well as participate in monitoring, evaluation and reporting of the project activities. She/he will establish good working relationships with all consortium members and other partners working in the five refugee settlements and with the community local and government representatives. The Program Officer Cash Transfer main will also ensure the coordination of effective delivery of materials/inputs and ensure proper distribution and documentation of project related items in the five settlements.
Roles and responsibilities:
- To coordinate cash consortium related project activities in the five settlements.
- To Program cash consortium related project activities in harmony with other consortium partner.
- Work closely with the Cash Program Officer-URCS technically and administratively with respective branch Managers and other field staff.
- Oversee efficient and effective implementation of the URCS consortium project activities as per the project work plan in the five settlements.
- Participate in conducting project related training and meetings in the settlements.
- Actively participate by organizing, guiding and working alongside consortium partners and Cash Focal Persons and selected volunteers to facilitate conduct surveys and assessments in the 3 settlements.
- Working with consortium members to actively coordinate preparation and conducting post distribution monitoring (PDM) to ensure the program quality and collect lesson learnings.
- Coordinate URCS project field team in organizing and conducting quarterly quality assurance meetings at settlement level.
- Ensure complaints and feedback regarding the project and URCS at large are received, documented and acted upon on a timely manner.
- To coordinate and facilitate the distribution of project items to target beneficiaries and ensure adequate documentation of the same.
- Organize and share the weekly and monthly progress plan/reports according to URCS standard formats.
- Ensure that the program resources are implemented in a transparent and accountable manner and handed over or ended in a way that promotes local capacities and sustainable operations.
- Establish and maintain transparent and functional relationships with target communities, consortium partners and other actors working within the refugee settlements and the government representatives.
- Participating in different representations or coordination meetings at the national level on behalf of URCS.
- Managing and coordinating the Cash Assistants at settlement level.
- Minimum Bachelors’ Degree in Social Sciences, Statistics, or Economics or a related field from a reputable organisation;
- Post-Graduate qualification in Monitoring and Evaluation or Project Planning and Management will be an added advantage;
- Training on Cash and Voucher Assistance (CVA)
- A CaLP Certificate will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in design and implementation of cash transfer programming in emergency or development contexts;
- Proven experience in the management of multi-donor funded projects is an added advantage;
- Experience in conducting surveys, assessments and post distribution monitoring exercises
- High level of integrity;
- Pro-active in responding to changes in context and in communicating with internal colleagues and external stakeholders
- Strong skills in team/institutional capacity building, facilitation and collaborative problem solving approaches;
- Excellent diplomatic and relationship building skills;
- Very good interpersonal skills and cultural and politico-social sensitivity is preferable;
- Good organizational, administrative and logistical skills;
- Good leadership skills and ability to work on own initiative and to solve problems;
- Able to manage both HQ and field teams dispersed across multiple locations
- Innovative thinking and analytical ability;
- Strong demonstrated skills working with external partners and bringing several stakeholders together for a common goal;
- Working, at times, under tight deadlines;
- Proven ability to coach and mentor others to develop specific knowledge and skills, with a positive attitude towards learning & sharing
How To Apply for Uganda Red Cross Jobs 2021
Applications from suitable persons to be considered for appointment in the outlined positions are hereby invited. All applicants should adhere to the Red Cross Principles. URCS is an equal opportunities employer mindful of gender balance in its establishment. You can get the application template from here
Please send your filled application form and attach your academic transcripts and certificates. The filled application forms and academic transcripts and certificates can be e-mailed to; [email protected] or hand-delivered, and or by post to:
The Secretary General,
Uganda Red Cross Society,
Plot 551/555 Rubaga Road,
P.O. Box 494, Kampala, Uganda.
Email: [email protected]
Due to large volumes of applications; only short listed candidates shall be contacted. Canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Closing Date: 24th May 2021 at 5:00 pm
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise .