Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist
Jobs at:Ministry of Education and Sports
Deadline of this Job:
02 April 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, March 22, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
In 2019, the Government of Uganda approved a WET Policy (20191 as one of the key documents to guide the reform in WET sector in Uganda. The policy lays a foundation for a TVET System that is flexible to the changing labor market demands. The Policy also provides tor a: structure to coordinate, regulate and harmonize TVET at all levels; framework tor resource mobilization, utilization and sustainability for quality TVET provision and delivery; and. career path and linkages between general education and TVET. in addition, the policy provides the basis for reviewing and harmonizing the current laws.
in order to prepare for the implementation of the approved TVET Policy actions and interventions. Cabinet approved transitional arrangements that include establishment of a Multi-Ministerial Committee to give policy directions, an implementation Working Group to oversee and guide the process and make decisions on the reforms and a Secretariat to coordinate and provide support to the activities of all Ministries and Stakeholders in TVET until the Permanent structures are in place.
It is against the above background that the Ministry of Education and Sports wishes to establish an interim Secretariat or implementation of the TVET Policy to oversee and manage the implementation oi the Policy until the establishment of a TVET Council.
The main objective of the interim Secretariat will be to coordinate and support the activities of TVET stakeholders involved in the reform and the Office of the Permanent Secretary -Ministry of Education and Sports — in managing and leading the change process of putting in place the building blocks of implementing the WET Policy, 2019 Reforms: until sue a time as when the ET Council has been established and operationalized.
Accordingly, the Ministry or Education and Sports invites suitably qualified and experienced individuals to apply for the following position under the TVET Policy implementation secretariat:
Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist
Reports to: Head of TVET Secretariat
Salary: In line with the Approved Secretariat Structure (Reasonable and competitive)
Duration: 13 months. subject to renewal
Duly Station: Kampala
Purpose of the Job
To support the implementation of M&E Activities of the WET Policy Implementation in line with the WET Policy (2019). .
Duties and Responsibilities
The main responsibilities and duties of the M&E Specialist are:
• To establish an effective TVET M&E system to capture key TVET Policy indicators:
• To provide technical support in the development of a comprehensive national baseline study on all TVET parameters envisaged in the TVET Policy to inform performance targeting, monitoring and evaluation and guide overall TVET implementation;
• To collaborate with other Secretariat staff and key stakeholders on qualitative monitoring to gather relevant information on the progress of TVET Policy implementation deliverables;
• To prepare TVET Policy Implementation Secretariat activity, progress and M&E reports, in accordance with acceptable formats;
• To attend and actively participate in the regularly scheduled meetings of the WET policy implementation secretariat;
• To ensure an updated and shared understanding of the Secretariat Workplan and information needs. and guide dissemination of M&E outputs to the various stakeholders and public; and
• To perform any other duties as maybe assigned by the Head of the WET Secretariat.
• Bachelor's Degree in any of these fields: Quantitative Economics, Statistics.
• A specific qualification in Monitoring and Evaluation is essential; a minimum of Post-graduate Diploma in MSE or related post
• graduate qualification in Monitoring and Evaluation.
• Minimum of five (5) years of work experience in project Monitoring and Evaluation.
• Proven track record of professional integrity.
• Solid organizational skills with the ability to effectively prioritize activities work with minimum supervision and meet project deadlines.
• Functional knowledge of the relevant ICT and computer applications, including inter alia MSWord, MS Excel. MS Project and M5 PowerPoint.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Excellent communication skills, including report writing and oral presentation in English.
Job Skills : Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Applications are therefore invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position as specified in the job description above. All applicants should attach photocopies of their certificates and testimonials plus recent passport size (photograph. Eligible female candidates are encouraged to apply. Only short-listed applicants shall be contacted for the interview and final selection process.
Deadline for submission:
Friday, 2nd April, 2021, 5:00pm East African Standard Time.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Commissioner, Human Resource Management
Ministry of Education and Sports,
Floor 4 Room 4.10, Embassy House, King George VI Way,
P.O Box 7063, Kampala. UGANDA
Hard copies should be hand delivered to the Security
Registry (Floor 4, Room 1), Embassy House